Spotify let's me download individual song but not full albums

Plan - Family

Free/Premium - Premium

Country - Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System - Android

My Question or Issue

For some reason spotify will let me like and download an individual song to my, "liked songs" category but when I try to like and download a whole album, it just says waiting to download with the grey download arrow. At first I thought it had something to do with the download limit, but I'm still able to download plenty of individual songs. Any help would be appreciated, this is super annoying.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Bob1233!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Not to worry, performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Bob1233!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Could you try restarting your phone to see if that makes any difference for you?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Not to worry, performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

We'll be on the lookout for your update. Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This solution worked, thanks! The only annoying thing was re dow downloading all my playlists and everything, spotify should think about adding a "select all" option that could allow me to download everything at once instead of manually clicking each playlist/album to download. 

Suggested posts