Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify shuffles despite I DO NOT WANT IT TO

Solved!

Spotify shuffles despite I DO NOT WANT IT TO

Premium user, logged in. An iPhone and an iPad. Since a week or two, for the life of me I can't get it NOT to shuffle. I FRIGGIN HATE SHUFFLE. Shuffle is not activated anywhere. I can activate it and de-activate it again, it simply doesn't change a thing (like, for example, the queue).

At first (a week ago or two) this only happened on the iPhone, in my car. I have almost died in the front of a concrete truck trying to fix it. Today my iPad (stationary, I'm safe thank you) started doing the same.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @razrazraz!

It's indeed possible that you had some older songs queued up that started playing after the song you had chosen from your playlist. 

You can take a look here to see how you can clear your queue which should allow you to play your lists in the order you'd like.

If your issue persist, can you let us know your Spotify versions and if you experience this on desktop as well?

@bigdadrecords Could you try clearing your queue and logging out and in again to see if that makes any difference for you?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies! Give us a shout if you have any other questions 🙂

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I'm actually not listening to music right now, because of this. Can you imagine that? This is a life and death situation.

I might have finally found a work-around. I selected some *other* playlist (and this was apparently crucial) and it behaved just the same. But now I could go to queue, select the LAST song of it, and get rid of the queue (that just wouldn't work until I selected the other playlist). After that all seem normal. Man, I almost died. Why would anyone EVER want shuffle? I have all the letters in the alphabet except I and Q and shuffle mode makes me want to lie in fetal position under my bed for the rest of the week.

Hey there @razrazraz

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

The Shuffle play is by default feature of a free Spotify account. If your account is a Premium one you should be able to listen to music on demand.  

Sometimes Spotify users create more than one account for different reasons. In such a case you might have both free and Premium accounts. If you're accidentally logged in to your free account, you won't be able to see Premium features. 

We suggest you head to this help page. Make sure you check all the troubleshooting steps and especially the ones for finding other accounts.  

If that doesn’t do the trick, just let us know and we’ll provide you with further help. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I have the same issue, Premium account. All playlists only play in Shuffle mode. Very, very annoying.

I am indeed logged in to my correct, premium, account. I believe the problem started on my iPhone after an update of Spotify. At the time there was simply no way I could play my playlist in correct order despite shuffle being off (I tried enabling, then disabling shuffle mode just to be sure). The iPad still worked fine. Now that it too is updated, it too has the problem. I think the workaround I found is a clue: Somehow "an old queue" is hard to get rid of. Right now I don't see the problem on my iPad (which was where I worked around it by getting to last song in queue).

Marked as solution

Thanks for getting back to us @razrazraz!

It's indeed possible that you had some older songs queued up that started playing after the song you had chosen from your playlist. 

You can take a look here to see how you can clear your queue which should allow you to play your lists in the order you'd like.

If your issue persist, can you let us know your Spotify versions and if you experience this on desktop as well?

@bigdadrecords Could you try clearing your queue and logging out and in again to see if that makes any difference for you?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies! Give us a shout if you have any other questions 🙂

ElenaModerator

The issue is still persisting. Thanks for your suggestions but they were
not helpful.

It appears to me that when I open Spotify on my iphone (IOS) that it is in
"Free" account mode and all playlists that i select play in Shuffle mode
only. If I log out and then log back in, the issue is temporarily solved.
But I have to do this every time!! Very annoying.

I now tried clearing the queue on the iPhone as well and that was it: Problem solved for me.

I assume something changed about queues - I recall anything in the queue would be dropped whenever I started a playlist. If this changed and it's now "harder" to lose your queue it's definitely a good thing, now that I know of it (I've often lost my queue by mistake).

Thanks!

Great to hear you were able to solve this @razrazraz ✌️

Thanks for getting back to us @bigdadrecords, just to confirm, this is only happening on your iPhone and not on desktop or the web player?

If that's the case, could you try a clean reinstall of the app and a quick restart of your device before logging back in?

If the issue persists, feel free to send us a screenshot of what you see when open a playlists that's playing on shuffle.

We'll gladly insensitive your issue further. 

Take care!

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts