Free

Country

United states

Device

Android

Operating 

Unknown

My Question or Issue

So my spotify is stuck in shuffle on everything and the shuffle button is gone all there is, is the life and hide button

Screenshot_20191130-032618.png
Screenshot_20191130-030647.png
3 Replies

Hi, welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your question! I've updated my reply as I originally overlooked that you are on a free account. On the free version of Spotify, you are only able to listen to certain playlists on phones without shuffling. In your screenshot, for example, you'll see that the Spotify created "Tear Drop" playlist does not have the gray shuffle icon next to it, meaning you can listen to it in order, while everything that does have that icon can only be played in shuffle mode. To remove these limitations on your phone, you would need to upgrade to a premium account.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well just a day before i could listen without shuffle but it just now started doing it

Were you previously on a paid subscription at any point or using a free trial that may have run out? If not, it's entirely possible you were experiencing a glitch of some sort as free accounts are meant to have certain limitations when used from the phone. Please check out this page for a full comparison of free vs paid features. While I can't say for certain why you were previously able to listen to songs on demand without shuffle, it appears that it's actually functioning as intended at this point for the free version of Spotify.

Also, please be aware that you can still listen without shuffling in the desktop software. Thanks and just let me know if any other questions about the different options!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts