Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggested songs for playlist lists songs in the playlist

Suggested songs for playlist lists songs in the playlist

Plan

Premium

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

The songs listed below my playlist contain songs that are already in the playlist. Not a different version of the song, but the exact same upload. If I drag the song into the playlist, the software warns that it's already added, but that doesn't happen if you use the button on the right. So there is a workaround, but this shouldn't be a problem in the first place because those songs already in the playlist shouldn't be listed at all.

3 Replies

Hey @wondestarc,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you post some screenshots to describe your experience with the suggested songs?

A link to the playlist would also help us, if you could share it.

Is this observation valid for the mobile app aswell?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, sorry for the late answer,

I cropped the Screenshot a bit but all important parts should be visible. As its quite a large playlist, so I searched for a song that is allready in the playlist. As you can see, it appears in the suggestions as well. If you now drag that song up into the playlist, it asks if I am sure and warns me that it's a duplicate. If I instead use the button on the right "Hinzufügen" (german interface), it does not warn me and just adds the song a second time.

edit: The song appears in the suggestions in the mobile app as well (Android)

Link to the playlist: Playlist 

photo_spotify.jpg

Hey there @wondestarc

Thanks for getting back to us.

Just to make sure, is this only happening with one specific playlist or with all your playlists? Also, we'd like to know if this only happens with large playlists. 

On another note, we'd like to know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update.

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts