Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Windows 10 desktop &  OnePlus 3T

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android 9

My Question or Issue

Suggested songs list (at both Windows and Android devices) got stuck on rap/hip-hop genre. I can refresh it over and over again, but it still shows this kind of music suggestions. I've been adding various types of music genres to my playlist and it seems like the system doesn't recognize them... This problem exists for several months now on all of my devices. App reinstall doesn't help (I didn't hope it will, anyway).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey Peter! Thanks out for reaching out.

Sorry for posting this late, but finally managed to get various suggestions for my playlist after removing existing ~20 rap/hip-hop songs. Now proposed tracks algorithm seems to be working as it should 🙂

All the best for 2020!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey, @miecian 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Simply add new songs to your playlists don't help Spotify to better understand what is your musical taste. You need to listen to your favorite kind of music frequently, follow your favorite artists and save your favorite playlists. Beyond it, you can also improve the suggestions of songs on your Made for You playlists (Daily Mix, Discover Weekly, Release Radar, On Repeat and Your Daily Podcasts), using the Like and Dislike buttons. 

[video]

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am listening to my playlist daily (and I mean it literally). Moreover, I am adding new music to the same playlist quite often: various genres, albums and artists. Not sure if something has changed in the Spotify guts, but in the past it didn't require to hit the heart icon next to a song to have suggestions based on it. It would propose similar music based only on what I've added to the list.

Hey @miecian,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If this is just happening with one of your playlists, do you mind trying to copy/paste the songs from that playlist into a newly-created one (you'll have to do this on desktop) and see if the recommendations that you get for songs to add to it are more accurate?

If that didn't work, could you send us a screen recording showing us how you're going about adding songs to your playlist? Alternatively, you could just provide us with the steps for what you're doing if that's easier.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Marked as solution

Hey Peter! Thanks out for reaching out.

Sorry for posting this late, but finally managed to get various suggestions for my playlist after removing existing ~20 rap/hip-hop songs. Now proposed tracks algorithm seems to be working as it should 🙂

All the best for 2020!

Hey @miecian,

Thanks for keeping us posted - glad to hear we were able to help out here 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care for now!

Suggested posts