Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

There’s a podcast i’ve never listen to come up on my listening activity history

There’s a podcast i’ve never listen to come up on my listening activity history

B07A385F-3062-4951-A391-8E1F847B06F0.png

Plan

Free

Country

Indonesia

Device

(iPhone 6, spotify for desktop)

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Hi, there’s a podcast i’ve never listen to shows up on my recently played, but im sure i never got hacked. I tried to get rid of it but now it ruins my Only You. It appears on my Only You as a genre that i listen to. But thing is, i never listen to that podcast.

Can you help me to get rid of the podcast permanently from my recently played or history? (The picture that i attached is the podcast)

Thank you.

1 Reply

Hey, @safajsmn 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue... 

If you are sure that you never listened to this podcast - even accidentally - maybe someone is using your account without your consent. I do recommend that you change your password.
Also, you can go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE as well.
It's also strongly advised that you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

And you can get more information about how to protect your account here.

After those steps, since you cannot remove content from your Listening History, the best to do is just not engaging with this podcast anymore and Spotify will understand that you're not interested in it. Consequently, it will stop suggesting it.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts