Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Transferring purchased music from iTunes to Spotify without losing metadata

Transferring purchased music from iTunes to Spotify without losing metadata

I am a Mac user (on Catalina) and I own both iOS and Android devices. Currently trying to migrate to Spotify from Apple Music but am having a hard time transferring my purchased music from iTunes over to Spotify. I have no issues at all transferring other streamable music that are co-available on both services, I am specifically talking about purchased music from iTunes.

I have tried getting Spotify to find my downloaded, purchased music from iTunes from its music library by enabling "local files" in settings. Though successful and I was able to play them through Spotify, all metadata of the tracks are lost, i.e. track number, album art, etc.

Is there a better way to transfer my purchased music from iTunes over to Spotify while keeping all those metadata? Also, would I be able to make these purchased music streamable on all my devices? As a user, the ideal outcome is that I can seamlessly stream purchased iTunes music (or Google Play music) on Spotify on any device, keeping album art and all other metadata so I can organize them like any other music I have on the service. I would really like to migrate to Spotify (already on premium subscription) but if I can't enjoy my purchased music it will be a deal breaker...

Thanks in advance.

0 Replies

Suggested posts