Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Honor Lite

Operating System

Windows 7

My Question or Issue

After changing the country (Germany> Russia) and switching to permium, favorite songs were no longer displayed in the web version and in the mobile application. After reinstalling the desktop version, the tracks are also not displayed in it. Is it possible to somehow restore the list of your favorite songs and albums?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

It's not possible to create two accounts with the same email address and you're seeing two accounts with the same display name as there are no restrictions in choosing one. Additionally, you had to be already logged in to start a subscription.

Could you try and reset your password with all email addresses you might have created an account with, as suggested in the Spotify Answer I shared in my earlier replies? 

I also noticed that the last screenshot you shared shows the two Spotify usernames of your two accounts. You can try using each username (without the -user bit though) with the passwords you have or resetting them here to access each one.

If you still can't restore access to the account containing your music, you might've made an error when creating your account. In that case, it would be a good idea to contact the Customer Support team so they can investigate this further. 

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Are you able to see your songs and tracks in the mobile app? If not, could you try a clean reinstall on that device too?

You could also see if your songs and tracks show up in the Web Player here

Lastly, can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing on the desktop app? Make sure to hide sensitive information when posting to the Community.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

thank you for replying Billy-J

Before I changed the country and switched to a premium subscription, I only used the desktop version. After switching, I downloaded the mobile application and when I entered my account I was asked to choose the artists I was interested in (just like when creating a new account). After that, only these new artists are displayed in the mobile and web versions. Whereas the desktop version displays my old tracks and albums. I also tried a clean reinstall desktop version and boom ... now all devices only show my "new" account. I’m afraid you’ll hardly change anything. Perhaps I should compose playlists in the future and restore them if necessary. 

(nickname and mail have not changed).

attached screenshots of a new account

11111.png2222222.png33333333.png

Hey @user-removed,

Can you make sure that you're logged in to the right account by following these ways to find other accounts? You can also look for your account in the Spotify app by entering your nickname (display name) into the search field 🔍

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star

The search field displays 2 accounts with the same name (desktop version). One of these accounts is a new account. A new account that I was offered to create after paying for a premium subscription. The second account, completely empty, as I understand it, is my old account. Also C: \ Users \ Home \ AppData \ Local \ Spotify \ Users contains two folders, this can be seen in the screenshots. I just can't figure out why my account was split into 2 different accounts. Divided into two accounts with the same names and the same mail. Accordingly, I can only log in to a new account, since they both have the same name and password.

ss1.png
ss2.png
ss4.png
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

It's not possible to create two accounts with the same email address and you're seeing two accounts with the same display name as there are no restrictions in choosing one. Additionally, you had to be already logged in to start a subscription.

Could you try and reset your password with all email addresses you might have created an account with, as suggested in the Spotify Answer I shared in my earlier replies? 

I also noticed that the last screenshot you shared shows the two Spotify usernames of your two accounts. You can try using each username (without the -user bit though) with the passwords you have or resetting them here to access each one.

If you still can't restore access to the account containing your music, you might've made an error when creating your account. In that case, it would be a good idea to contact the Customer Support team so they can investigate this further. 

I hope this helps.

Billy-JSpotify Star

"You can try using each username (without the -user bit though) with the passwords you have or resetting them here to access each one" 

Thanks, it helped a lot. When changing the country, I entered the wrong email address. I was wrong with one letter. I contacted customer support and we solved this problem. Thanks again 🙂

Suggested posts