Two copies of downloaded playlists

Solved!

Two copies of downloaded playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 8 plus, Lenovo laptop (Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

Four of my oldest playlists, which are also downloaded to my phone, appear twice in my list of playlists. This was an issue when I first changed to Premium, a Spotify person assured me I could just delete one copy and that worked for a while, but they came back a few months later. If I rename one of them, the duplicate also changes names, so I'm reluctant to delete them again, especially as you don't seem to be able to export them (which I thought you could).  Other downloaded playlists behave themselves. How do I resolve this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bluminou,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind creating a new playlist for each of the "duplicate" playlists and moving the content of the duplicate ones to the new ones? You can easily do this with the Desktop app if you click Ctrl+A > Ctrl+C when, for example, you open one of the duplicate playlists. You can then open one of the new playlists and click Ctrl+V to have all the copied content moved there. 

If all is good with the new playlists (which you can name and associate with the same playlist cover as the duplicated ones), it'd be good to go ahead and delete all the previous playlists. This should prevent the rise of new duplicates. 

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bluminou,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind creating a new playlist for each of the "duplicate" playlists and moving the content of the duplicate ones to the new ones? You can easily do this with the Desktop app if you click Ctrl+A > Ctrl+C when, for example, you open one of the duplicate playlists. You can then open one of the new playlists and click Ctrl+V to have all the copied content moved there. 

If all is good with the new playlists (which you can name and associate with the same playlist cover as the duplicated ones), it'd be good to go ahead and delete all the previous playlists. This should prevent the rise of new duplicates. 

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator

Thanks, tbh I should have thought of that myself, but I guess I was obsessed with getting rid of one of them..... 😉

Hey @bluminou,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear that the suggestions helped 🙂 

Don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can help with at any time!

Mario Moderator

Suggested posts