Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to Remove Canvas Tracks/Songs (short, looping visuals on tracks) from Personal Playlist

Unable to Remove Canvas Tracks/Songs (short, looping visuals on tracks) from Personal Playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone XS Max, PC Desktop and Laptop )

Operating System

(iPhone OS 13.3, Windows 10 Home Build 19041.1)

I have been unable to remove canvas tracks/songs (short, looping visuals on tracks) from my personal playlists. These have been canvas songs I added along from other audio tracks from other playlists using CTRL+A and adding multiple of them to my personal playlist. However, I didn't like some of the canvas tracks, but I have been unable to removed them from my playlist. I have experienced this before and the only way I got rid of the problem was to use CTRL+Z on Windows to undo my last action (which in this case was the recently added songs to my playlist). This method works, but it removes all other recently added songs you don't intend to remove.

SPOTIFY-CANVAS-TICKET-PIC.png
2 Replies

Hey @moslyke,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

At the moment, it's only possible to activate/deactivate Canvas as a Playback option using the mobile app (which you can always download here).

To do it, log into your account with the mobile app and then follow these steps:

1. Click on Settings (the 'gear' symbol in the top right corner)
  2. Click on Playback
  3. Find Canvas
  4. Switch the option on or off

If you switch it on, the option will apply to all the songs which support Canvas. This means that you won't be able to choose which Canvas-supporting songs should or should not display it.

Also, to confirm, Canvas is currently not available for the desktop version of Spotify but you can add your vote as well as feedback to this existing Idea about making it available and follow its developments.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey @Mario,

I am aware of activate/deactivate Canvas as a Playback option using the mobile app, which is not the problem I am experiencing. The problem is that I am unable to remove songs with Canvas Playback from my playlist like you would remove regular songs from my playlist. In short, I am unable to select song(s) with Canvas Playback option and remove from my playlist. The menu option to "Remove from this playlist" becomes unavailable if the song(s) selected is/are song(s) with Canvas Playback option. The only solution I know at the moment is by using CTRL+A and removing all other songs that were added along with the songs with Canvas Playback option.
Please see the attached screenshot in my original post. Thanks.

Suggested posts