Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unable to like songs or sync liked songs on desktop app

Unable to like songs or sync liked songs on desktop app

I'm having a problem right now where my desktop app (latest version on MacOS Monterey) hasn't saved any liked songs since August. None of the songs I've liked on other devices since August 20 sync to the liked songs playlist on my desktop app, and when I try to like a song through the desktop app, it gives the usual feedback, but then it doesn't show up as liked and the playlist doesn't update.

I also use the iPhone and iPad versions of Spotify, and everything is working fine on those. My liked songs list will sync between those apps and even to Web Player. It's just the desktop app that has totally lost this functionality. I've tried quitting multiple times, logging out and back in, even tried deleting and reinstalling the application on my Mac today (twice!), and nothing changed at all. (Notably, it didn't even make me log back in after reinstalling--so maybe I didn't uninstall it properly? But I don't know how else I'm supposed to do it besides dropping the app in the trash and emptying it!) I've even changed laptops since August (in September), so I don't know why this is happening for this very specific cutoff date. (Although I don't remember when I started noticing the problem.)

This is so frustrating, because I've definitely tried to like a couple songs that I've since totally lost track of because the application simply didn't save them! If anyone has any idea what's going on, please let me know.

1 Reply

Hi there @loves2color,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome aboard!

Ensure that your Mac is up to date. Also please try performing a clean reinstall as described here. That will clear all the data and help reestablish a proper connection to the Desktop App.

Hope this helps 🙂

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts