Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Up until the weekend, when I went into liked songs for an artist it showed all of the sings I had liked and for the most part downloaded so I could start playing one song and it would shuffle all of them.

I did an update sunday I think it was and now suddenly I go into an artist and it lists the albums I have liked so I cannot then shuffle all tracks only tracks on that album.

For example Mammoth WVH has one album and one single from a forthcoming album. If I go into liked songs it shows both but if I start playing the single then it just repeat plays the single and conversely if I go into the album it ignores the single.

I found a few other topics on here which were similar but none gave an answer which helped.....

77 Replies

The feature listing all songs together rather than separating it by album/release was the biggest and best feature (to me) that separates Spotify from Apple Music. Please please bring the old version of like songs back. 

Another update came through today and its still this useless mess....

Wanted to throw in another voice saying to please return this to how it was before. This is a very annoying update.

I’m so glad I found this threat!!

This problem really ruins my experience with spotify on my iPhone (14Pro, newest iOS and Spotify)

like in the attached image, sometimes some, sometimes none of the liked releases show up in the artists „liked songs“ list. If i click on shuffle in that example below nothing happens! I have to click on each album and add it manually to the cue and it is slowly killing me…

please, please, PLEASE with a cherry on top, fix this 🥺

IMG_2257.png

Another update, still not changed back. Sort it out!

Seems like every few years Spotify breaks my favourite feature. Please change it back 🥲

I have logged in here just to express how unhappy I'm with this now "behavior" in Spotify. Been chatting with support for a few days and tested lots of stuff, just to come across this topic casually looking on Google.

Please revert this "iOS test" or lend us the hability not to partake in it. It's very annoying. What's the point of grouping it by releases? If I only have releases on my artist's liked stuff, like the attached, the play button doesn't even work lol nothing happens when I press it, pc says I'm playing on my iPhone but shows nothing. Please fix this. The feature to play only my liked songs from an artist was awesome before, why change it to something so badly designed and push to users as a "test" without the option to revert it?

iphone.jpg
Screenshot.png

Plan

Premium

Country

United States 

Device

iPhone 14 Pro Max 

Operating System

iOS 16.5 Beta

My Question or Issue

A few weeks ago, the “Liked Songs” on artist pages has turned into ”Liked Releases” and lists each album or single liked by an artist rather than each individual song. After this update, I have been unable to shuffle my liked songs from artists. When clicking the shuffle button, the music stops playing and no music starts. This is upsetting for me because I’m someone who loves to listen to my favorite songs by different artists. Below I attached a link to a video that demonstrates the issue. 

https://imgur.com/a/orvQUA6

Any replies would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what the issue is.

Hey @teegzn,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

We're afraid we couldn't open the video because of security reasons. Would you mind sending it again? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. If the attachment is too big - we'd suggest that you upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

In the meantime, could you please test this with a different account? If a family member has a Spotify account, it'd be great to ask them to log in on your device to see if they'll be able to reproduce it. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'd also recommend giving this a try on a different network, for example try to connect to another Wi-Fi or test with a hotspot network (if possible). 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_N021Byj6nJMmDv0NoX1JJ4BWHf3EDlp/view?usp=drivesdk 

Lyubka,

Thank you so much for your response! I really appreciate you reaching out to me about this issue. I went ahead and uploaded it to Google Drive and allowed anyone with a link to view it, so you should be able to access it. Unfortunately, none of my family members use Spotify so I am unable to test that right now. I could reach out to some of my friends and have them test it to see if the issue persists. I also only use my home wi-fi and do not have a hotspot, so I can’t try that method as well. Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try. I will keep you updated with information regarding the issue on my friend’s accounts. 

Hey @teegzn,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We've forwarded this to the relevant team here at Spotify, however, we can't confirm when it will be addressed. In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up-to-date.

Take care,

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i’m very much not a fan of this “test”, which i put in quotes because this was over a month ago and i’m now beginning to worry that it’s become permanent. it’s made it incredibly frustrating to listen to artists

Another two updates and still not reverted to the way it was. Why????

Another update and still not back as it was.

Is this going to revert or shall I cancel my subscription now??

Same thoughts here. It’s annoying as **bleep**

Please tell the relevant team that the test is terrible.😂 we want to shuffle all liked songs no matter what albums.

Several updates later and this 'test' has still not been reversed!

Why? Nobody I know likes the change, it is awful.

Now I get an email telling me that the monthly payment is going up by £1. Maybe it is time to cancel....

I would really like to be able to just play the songs or albums I have liked by an artist like we used to be able to do.  

Does anybody have an solution to this?? I will gladly tell Spotify to **bleep** off if there is not a fix to this, SNS. If I liked an artists ENTIRE DISCOGRAPHY…I should be able to play all of their songs on shuffle. How is Spotify going BACKWARDS in terms of app design and functionality??

Weirdly I just found a work around accidentally.

I was playing songs by my favourite group Rush on my laptop of which there are 197. The laptop Spotify does not group like the iphone.

When I paused it and then went out in my car the last song was showing on the iphone so I hit play and it then was then playing all songs and ignoring the grouping by release......

Suggested posts