Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unhide Songs?

Solved!

Unhide Songs?

Since the latest Spotify update, which moved the "hide this song" option to the top of the track options menu ahead of "add to playlist". I've clicked and hidden a few songs that I actually liked. 

These new hidden songs don't appear in the normal "Hidden" playlist at the bottom of the library playlists section. 

Will you be adding a new hidden section, to "Unhide" these songs? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @alexcole,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

The 'Hide this song' feature on mobile works locally, so that when you hide a song in a certain playlist, it will appear grayed out and become unplayable, but only in that playlist. You can undo this by clicking on the three dots next to the song in that playlist and selecting the option from there - it should now be playable again.

Just to confirm, is this what happens for you too? If not, could you let us know how it differs for you? If you could provide an explanation with some screenshots to go with it, that would be great.

Thanks - keep us posted!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @alexcole,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

The 'Hide this song' feature on mobile works locally, so that when you hide a song in a certain playlist, it will appear grayed out and become unplayable, but only in that playlist. You can undo this by clicking on the three dots next to the song in that playlist and selecting the option from there - it should now be playable again.

Just to confirm, is this what happens for you too? If not, could you let us know how it differs for you? If you could provide an explanation with some screenshots to go with it, that would be great.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Dear Support,

I had the same problem and have to say.

No, what you propose is no longer possible.

At the moment spotify was playing at random,

I was also confused how your UI design led to implement this hide function. Which is probably a rare thing to do anyway.  Even on top of the menu ??? replacing motoric remembrance from the add to playlist option. To me utterly insane move.

Please move this to the bottom of the menu.

Also if you proceed to use this function. Make sure you have a management box inside the control panel or elsewhere, where you can unhide songs globally. not by first having it too look op manually. this does not make sense.

I also accidently hit hide song whilst I did not know the track.

Struggling through the menu to make sense of this weird feature, plus realizing the placement of the hide song option, made me rather mad.

Please fix this before we lose more songs to the hide song black hole.

Hi Peter

I checked within playlists and what you say is true. The hide this song option greys out the song, until you unhide it within the three dots menu.

My problem was that within a playlist radio, I came across a new song. Wanting to add it to one of my own playlists. Going to the three dots. The hide song option placed at the top of the menu would trip me into clicking it. Then the song disappeared and I wouldn't know how to find it again.  

However, trying to to do the same thing now, the hide song option is no longer within the playlist radio three dots menu. So looks like this has been changed/fixed already? 

I did also uninstall and reinstall Spotify recently. So this might have been an update crossover issue. 

Thanks Peter!

I have tried this on IOS, but it still doesn't work. Can you help?

Hey @BRYAN2221,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do we understand correctly that you are not able to unhide a song? If this is the case you can try liking/unliking the song on a different device, This will lead to a reset of the song in your library.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Well, almost a year latter, on iOS, and I too hit the “-“ because it’s where the “+” used to be, and there is no way to undo that. The three dots do not have an unhide option that I can find. 

Here is a free UI design tip: change the “-“ to a “+” when it’s tapped. Then it would be easy to immediately unhide it.

Better yet, take the “-“ (hide) off the main interface and put it under the three dots as “hide/unhide”. I’m guessing that most users seldom use the hide feature. And if people are getting confused by it, and especially if it can’t easily be undone, it should not be out front on the main UI where it can easily be pressed by mistake. 

On Why can't I play this song, down on the bottom 

- For songs:

1. On your iOS device, go to Playlists and scroll to the bottom. 
  2. You should see a Hidden Songs playlist with a list of ‘banned’ songs.
  3. Tap on the  symbol to unban the song.

doesn't work.
There is no Hidden songs playlist showing up.
So how does unhiding a song work if it doesn't show up?

already try it but still not working

I THINK I'VE GOT IT

OKAY SO, i was able to find the song I had lost and couldn't play again. I was trying to add it to my likes and accidentally pressed the stupid hide button they decided to put RIGHT next to the 'like' button.

ANYWAYS, I figured out when I hit the minus it actually completely hid the artist?! 

SO, under the song name I clicked the artist and it took me to their profile and it showed that circle with the slash in it (showing that I didn't want to hear any of their stuff) so all I did was hit that "no play/hide" circle and now the song is no longer greyed out!, lmk if this worked for anyone!!

Suggested posts