Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Unknown Songs/Artists showing up in recently played

Unknown Songs/Artists showing up in recently played

Plan

Premium

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.4.4

There have been unknown songs, artists, and playlists being added to my recently played list. I checked to see what devices were signed into my account and it only showed my iPhone. There were also artists showing up in my following list that I haven't heard of before. I noticed the problem around Dec. 13, there were two artists that I have never listened to in my list of recently played. I haven't used the app much since then, but when I opened Spotify today, there was 10 unknown artists on the list.

(while making the list, I noticed all songs were uploaded to Spotify in 2019)

List of Unknown Music:

Vocation- Rock Rock

Temper Autumns- Behemoth Moebius

Lavender Tunnel- The Symbiotic Symphonies

Reaching Blasts- The Sunwill 

Keytoy- DJ Shishiki

Ballerina- Lina Linda

Metrolycinematics- Surendous GR

Deep Roads- Epsilon Ways

Nightmares of Oceans- Orion Apollos

7 Replies

Hi there @kstowes1,

thanks for reaching out about this !

I recommend following the protection steps provided on this help page.

Furthermore, there are some more steps to be taken on this help page as well.

Then, give it a bit more time and see if you're still getting content you haven't listened to on your account.

Keep me posted 🙂

I changed my password and followed the other protection steps. After a few minutes, I refreshed my page and there was another song I have not heard of 😞

I'm having the same issue. I've tried everything suggested here and on similar threads to no avail. What the **bleep** is going on, spotify?

A very similar thing has happened to me. New artists/albums are showing up in my recently played music. It started maybe a week before Christmas, or right around Christmas.

None of the music is music that any other "friend" or "device of a friend" would have listened to that maybe I left something connected to. But after more thinking, there is nothing that I would have connected that someone else would have access to. All of the music are new singles in 2019 and one album new in 2019. This seems like a security problem on Spotify's end.

But despite that, I changed my password, logged out of all devices, disconnected access from all "apps".

List of unknown music:

Oceanic Parandrus- The Freedom

School DAY- DJ Stafoli BS

Search Purple- Billions of Legs

Keytoy- DJ Shishiski

We Love You Tecca- Lil Tecca (Full Album)

Losing Twists- Segyeong of Bonpuri

Beautiful Sunset- Rosa Simmons

Socrates Tempest- Billions Junes

Light the Way- Chinse Ka

Viva Lamusika- Henrike Ropolade

The Midnight Sunsets- Lonely Fantasy

Dusty Journal- All Gaia

Saving- Arctic

Imperfect Hurricanes- The Imperfect Glory

We have one overlap

Same thing happen to me today.  Left my Spotify open on desktop, left for a bit, came back and recently played songs - artists were:

Viva Lamusika - HENRIKE ROPOLADE [several times played, between each other song]

Violet Savannah - Discovered Winds

Baila Conmigo (feat. Kelly Ruiz) - Dayvi, Victor Cardenas, Kelly Ruiz

Referopanda - ERIC LUMINATICOS

All but 1 of the above has only the 1 song on Spotify.  Something fishy going on.

Same thing happening again apparently. Tony Mottola showed up in my 2019 year end review. Never played this and never even heard of it, but he had like 3 albums in my top ten (couple other randos in there too).

Just got the "summer rewind" playlist from spotify and there are like 3 tony Mottola songs on it.

Has to be a system anomaly.

On a related note (and probably for another thread) - has anyone else been experiencing random pauses when music playing? Like when playing songs from a playlist and the song just pauses for no reason? If I switch playlists it usually fixes it. #ghostinthemachine

Hi there all,

thanks for reaching out !

In order to first make sure your accounts are secured, please confirm you've gone through all of the steps provided here and revoked access to any third party apps you don't recognize on your apps page.

If you've already done that, and still see unfamiliar songs in your recently played, you should check out this Spotify Answer which explains why unknown content may show up on the account.

Thanks for taking to time to view this.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Suggested posts