Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Uploading Local Files

Uploading Local Files

All information I've seen on this is outdated, so I'm hoping for some fresh answers. I'm brand new to spotify since google play music is shutting down, and frustrations over not having a functioning music library aside, I can't seem to find any settings to upload local mp3 files. Looking it up on Support says that there should be a settings menu for desktop to upload these, but it's not appearing for me at all. I can only see a section for viewing my account - things like display name, notifications, etc. But nothing to do with file upload, or even organization. I'm using a Chromebook, which might impact this, but I am using the the web application and I have a premium account. I'm also in Canada, so perhaps it's an American only thing? Did they get rid of this feature? 

1 Reply

Hey there @funkyfreshalien

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

If you can't find the local files option on the Spotify desktop app we can recommend you checking this help article and following the steps for managing local files depending on the device in use. 

In case you still can't locate the feature after checking out the steps listed on the help page, it's a good idea to perform a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app just to make sure you get the latest version with all of its functionalities updated. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

Suggested posts