Free/Premium ... for now...will see

Country

Canada

Device

Various androids, and google chromes, PCs

Operating System

Windows 10, Android

My Question or Issue

With GPM closing I am looking at alternatives to switch to. Spotify is high on my list, but can't seem to confirm if this very important feature exists.

I want to be able to upload my own collection of music for myself and my family.  I have several albums which I like that cannot be found on most plateformes, so this is important for me.

No I don't want to play local music from my phone, I want to be able to play that music from anywhere using my account (upload once, play everywhere). 

And no, I don't want to put it in a request list and wait months/years for it to be selected by spotify ...eventually.

This is something GPM and YTM music offer, but want to make sure this is something also Spotify offers. Unfortunatly I could not find info about this anywhere.

1 Reply

Hey @idefaye,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your post. I can understand this being an important feature for you, but unfortunately, no, Spotify does not offer any kind of cloud upload/storage option. The only alternative at this time would be to listen to local files as you mentioned if the track is not available in Spotify's catalog.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts