Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHERE IS MY MUSIC!!

WHERE IS MY MUSIC!!

As of this summer, Spotify got a new look, and a MASSIVE loss in functionality. I got an update that managed to erase 90% of my saved library (where did all my saved artists go?!) and made it impossible to view albums I have saved by the artist as opposed to their entire discography, meaning I have to scroll through every release an artist has ever made in order to find one album, when before I could easily just browse the albums in my library in Artist mode. Also, on the mobile app, I cant even open my artists or browse my library at all and I am relegated to only listening to playlists that I have created because thats the only thing that will load when I click on it 90% of the time. I have used Spotify on a Mac, a PC running Linux Mint, a Samsung Galaxy tablet, a samsung J3 phone and another phone both on wireless networks and WiFi. I like to listen to music in whole albums and thats what I always liked about spotify, that I could save and organize all my artists and full albums on my device and have easy access to the music that I want, not what spotify or pandora generates for me. I havent been able to do that for months now and its driving me insane!! I HATE THIS! It also feels like the updated mobile app is at least ten times slower than what I used to get 5 years ago when I first started using Spotify. Whats the deal? Is anyone else having a crisis over this? I gave up a 500+ collection of vinyl based on the promise that I could find at least 85% of those albums on streaming and could easily organize them on the app. Now I cant listen to anything. One more note: There used to be a green arrow icon next to an artists name in artist mode that indicated that I had downloaded all of that artists albums that are in my library. This has now gone away so there is no way of easily knowing if I downloaded that artists work already. Since the app is so slow, it takes nearly a minute just to load the artists page, and another minute to scroll down to the album I want only to find I cant even listen to it. Sorry for the long winded rant, Im just so fed up with Spotify right now and I want to see if other people are just as upset. Most of the users I know are content listening to computer generated playlists and shuffle mode on an artists most popular songs, but THAT IS NOT HOW I LISTEN TO MUSIC!! Please tell me somebody is working on this. 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

If you're still missing artists who's music you have saved in your library then here's a site that follows all the artists: Link

Sounds good, but the link is broken...

Strange. Works for me. 

I completely agree. I stopped listening to CDs because i could have my favorite albums digitally on my phone with ease of access to literally ALL of my music.

But now... i cannot find anything. My library used to be in alphabetical order, and now its just all over the place. I dont use playlists very often - so it just shows me other peoples playlists. I have a very broad range in music taste, but its also very specific to me, so i get very strange suggestions. I dont really care about what other people's playlists sound like. The thing i enjoy about a playlist is that it is specifically songs that relate to me and the mood i am creating for myself. When i want to discover new music, i could. Now its forcing me to when all i want to do is listen to my own music that i enjoy and pay to hear. Very frustrated and unhappily thinking of deactivating my account over this.

Suggested posts