Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

WHY IS THE QUEUE LIMITED TO ONLY 50 (or 81) SONGS WHEN I HAVE 700+ IN MY PLAYLIST !!!!!

WHY IS THE QUEUE LIMITED TO ONLY 50 (or 81) SONGS WHEN I HAVE 700+ IN MY PLAYLIST !!!!!

Why am I not allowed to enjoy my playlist in its entirety

You ridiculous limit means that I am always listening to the same fifty songs : USELESS !!!!

Your interface because of this limit is absolutely worthless and source of immense frustration

What is the point of having a playlist if you have limited my use of it ???

Basically I paying you so that you can prevent me from listening to my music ?

Why use a paid service when I could do this for free and not be limited at all ?

This makes me want to change my music app; which is what I am currently looking into

Thanks you for making be believe that Spotify was a user friendly application 

Now that I have used it it feels like a chinese or russian app where I am prevented from using it as I please because OF COURSE, you know BETTER DON'T YOU ?

Signed a dissatisfied user, soon to be ex user

I don't wish you anything for making my appreciation of music so unpleasant and restricted 

99 Replies

THIS ISSUE IS NOT SOLVED

I'm having the same issue on Windows 10 with the desktop browser. Also began occurring following the most recent patch/update. Major issue for me b/c I que up music for passive listening-- or hands-on exploration and discovery-- in much the same manner. An entire day's (even weeks') worth.

Chiming in here as well - what is the issue with this? I'd really love to be able to see the whole of my queue again!

Not OP, but I just looked at my currently playing queue

- in the desktop app (Spotify for Windows 1.2.3.1115.gd61a8f5c on Win 11)

- in the web player, and

- in the mobile version (Android 13, version 8.8.4.518).

All three limit it to 81 songs being displayed.

Hi folks,

Generally, adding more songs to the queue causes the app to use more RAM, so by limiting the amount of songs that are displayed, the app preserves memory and allows for an optimal performance.

As for the newly queued songs overriding the previous items in the queue, we were able to reproduce this behavior on our end too. We've reported this to our tech folks who'll look further into it. We'll keep you folks posted here as soon as we have any new info to share, so stay tuned!

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i have the same issue, started happening today, only 81 songs show in the queue and if i add more albums, only one will show after. so annoying. 

Yeah the queue is completely broken, I hated skipping songs so I would queue a large number of songs to listen to while doing school or work and now that's for the most part completely broken.

It's not just a display issue. It really won't add any song after #81. It only adds the last album that I queued and skips everything else that I added in between.

This is not acceptable.

yes exactly, and with no update on what's happening...

I'm getting the same issue on my Samsung. Spotify v8.8.4.518I can add about 80 or so songs to the queue, if I add any more they don't show. Also as you play, the missing songs don't miraculously appear at the bottom either. In fact, I added a couple of additional songs and they appeared (surely they should have been hidden as the next songs that were supposedly originally in the queue should've been there already. This is very frustrating as I don't want to be topping the queue up every couple hours.

Hi, same issue! I can only see around 81 songs in my queue now. Spotify Version 8.8.6.472, Google Pixel 6 Pro, Mobile App. Android 13. 

If I try to add more than 80 songs after I've played something from a Playlist, those additionally queued songs disappear, and songs from the playlist play instead. I drive for 8hrs a day for work so I need to be able to curate very long queues so I don't have to touch my phone and become distracted. I used to have everything I wanted to hear queued up and ready to go in the morning. That's not the case anymore and that's annoying to me. Really hope this issue is resolved, and we can see ALL the songs we add to a queue, not just a measly 81. Thanks!

It’s also happening to me which is very frustrating please resolve this issue as quick as u can because it doesn’t seem like your helping people who has had this problem 

yeah, any update?

yep no update in over 2 weeks, pretty frustrating

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Galaxy S22+

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue:

When putting a song next in queue, no matter where it is, one song at the bottom queue always gets deleted for some reason. I can't play any playlist in full when i put any song next without it deleting the playlist songs all the way at the bottom. 

I have spotify premium. I have a playlist with 1,445 songs or 109hr 22 min. This is downloaded on phone which shows the same hours. However, when I play this (in shuffle mode) I only see approx 80 songs not the full list.

So is anyone, like, gonna update us on this issue? this is so frustrating, i've been on spotify for a decade but i'm seriously considering getting off, i'm used to 200+ long queues and 81 is just not cutting it. It's obviously a problem on your end so do something about it and keep us updated?

Hello everyone,

No news at this time - our tech folks are still looking into this. While we're unable to say when exactly this will be addressed, rest assured this remains on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here when we have any new information to share.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a bug.

If I have more than 81 songs in the queue, and I continue to add songs, they replace the ones that are queued after 81.  There is no history preserved so the queue is overwritten.

Well, I DID have the feature till a few weeks ago and did not experience any RAM difficulties!
How about letting users decide, like with hardware acceleration?

Suggested posts