Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Weekly Playlists Genre Filter?

Weekly Playlists Genre Filter?

One of the most important features for me are the auto-generated Discover Weekly and Release Radar playlists. However, not long ago I started to listen to Lo-Fi Beats whenever I study and now these Playlists are filled with nothing but Lo-Fi music. So they became useless, basically.

Is it possible to filter out certain genres, or dislike genres in general so that songs of that genre won't show in auto-generated Playlists?

3 Replies

Hey @RakRa, while there's not currently a setting specifically for the purpose of filtering out genres the way you've described, I recommend switching to a private session when you're listening to these types of music, which should then prevent them from influencing your taste profile, and especially your Discover Weekly. Please check out this page for details on using private session on different platforms. As far as Release Radar is concerned, most of the music on mine tends to be from Artists that I've followed, so that playlist may work better for you if you are following several artists whose music you'd like to keep track of.

All in all, if you'll listen to genres like the lo-fi beats you mentioned in private mode, and then listen to other types of music with the private setting disabled, you should see your auto-generated playlists start to better match your tastes over time. Please note it can take quite a while for them to start recommending different types of music.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @dinomight, I will try what you recommended, thank you for your reply!

No problem, hope that helps, and let us know if you have any other questions!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts