Announcements

What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Highlighted

Re: What is "Shortcuts" and how to remove it?

Visitor

Same here. They even listened to music on my account when I was listening too so I have to stop listening. It drove me crazy. It had happened since July to September. The sign-in were in many different countries including US, Germany, Russia, Indonesia, etc.

After I changed my password, it still happened so I think they did't need to know my password to hack and listen on my account! Only until I signed out my account on all devices, it stopped but the shortcuts are still there and Spotify doesn't have any option to remove or delete those shortcuts although I've listened to hundreds of songs since then.

Super annoying! Spotify team, please do your job!

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 11.15.25.png

Highlighted

Visitor
exactly same thing is happening with me!!!!
Highlighted

Hey folks!

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

We understand how being able to customize your home screen is a handy feature and we recommend that you leave a +Vote here to support it.

If you see songs that you don't recognize we'd also suggest checking this page to see what you can do to secure account.

The Shortcuts should update the more you listen to the songs you enjoy. Just make sure you don't have Private session on, as that might influence the algorithm.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Boobs!!

Casual Listener

I have BOOBS on my screen all the time, and I'm a school teacher who uses Spotify in the classroom. Spotify, you have to address this!20200923_115554.jpg

Highlighted

Need to remove as well

Visitor

I also have an inappropriate image showing up on my playlist that belongs to an album with a song that was listened to 1/4 of the way through... Yet it shows up as my number one shortcut. 

This is also for my business computer which popped up in front of my clients. I have listened to other albums and songs and still, this is still the first image that shows up every time I load up Spotify.

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 8.54.58 AM.png
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I just realised that "Shortcuts" has disappeared from my Spotify home screen. Which is good, I have enough "shortcuts" already in My Library if I need to access things that I WANT to access again, thus the need for shortcuts.

An idea though, why not directing the AI to make shortcuts based on users' library? That way, Spotify create shortcuts of things that matter for each user! If Spotify wants to make a suggestion based on a user's listening history, there is already "Made for you".

Also, the idea that a human person cannot override the machine thinking is merely demeaning. Similarly, the option for clearing undesired content from showing, such as in "Recently Played" should be an essential feature.   

Highlighted

Why should we vote for a feature request that is stuck since July 2018 ? Do you really think this will ever be taken into account.

You bunch of eccentric guys from devs and marketing teams are paid 200+ k$ a year to come up with garbage and obnoxious updates, and most of all paid to remove basic "remove" features.

Keep your algorithms but just let us clear what we don't want to appear in our "Shortcuts", "Jump back in", "Your favorite albums and songs" and "Recently played tracks" sections FFS !

You've just lost an active paying subscriber.

Highlighted

we need an-swer for this, i dont like the shortcuts thing we need to remove this

Visitor

what i dont actually listen toowhat i dont actually listen too

Highlighted

Visitor

How about you forget about this extremely stupid little poll of yours and just implement it? I listen to a podcast ONCE and it's there forever? I can't get rid of it? Never listening to another damn podcast again. I don't want to see it in my shortcuts and have no way to remove them. STUPID! seriously considering cancelling over something so simple to implement. Vote? on something that's 2 years old? Give me a break!

SUGGESTED POSTS