What's the difference between "save" music and "add to playlist?"

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: What's the difference between "save" music and "add to playlist?"

I really wish every track added to a PLAYLIST would automatically be added to MY MUSIC... kinda makes sense..no? ...becuause I have to save them to BOTH all the time 😞

Highlighted

is there a difference between content that is stored offline and the downloaded music? 

Highlighted

Listening to Symphonies in order on Amazon Fire

My husband likes to listen to symphonies on the TV using the Amazon Fire Stick and Spotify.  He has saved them as albums in his music but when he tries to play them they play the separate movements in random order, something that frustrates him.  For example, he was listening to the Beethoven Symphonies which he had saved as a single album and they were playing in wildly random order.  Should he create a playlist to preserve the order that they are played?  And how does he do that using the Amazon Fire Stick?  Thanks! 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Has there been a response to this? It seems completely broken that there are two systems - playlists and saved music. How do I search for a specific song or artist in my dozens of playlists? How can I randomly play my music across all my playlists? It makes no sense to make me save a song twice- one to a playlist and again to my songs. Also, has Spotify clarified whether or not the song is downloaded twice if it is saved in a playlist and saved in my songs?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I understand that my playlists and my music are separate systems (though this makes zero sense to me), but here’s my problem....now that I’ve created dozens of playlists, how do I search for a specific song  or artist that is in playlists? If you’re going to force me to have two separate “systems”, you need to give me the ability to search just my playlists! Also, if I save & download a song twice- to a playlist and to my songs - is the song downloaded twice?

Highlighted

Regular
If you add a song to a playlist, it is added to your music. If you look at your library, you'll see a list called "songs" and everything you've saved is on that list. Play it, shuffle it, or listen to radio bosed on it.

I'm just a very casual user. Maybe someone else will correct any errors in my reply.

Highlighted

Regular
Nope. A mystery, why they let all of us struggle with this. I want explicit control over the algorithm choosing new music; ie, to exactly mark and weight songs I like, and ones I don’t.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
SUGGESTED POSTS