What’s the new download limit

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

(iPhone 6

Operating System

My Question or Issue lately I discovered that you can like more than 10000 songs and I thought that was great news but then I discovered that it’s not the same with downloads cause it seems that the limits for downloads it’s still the same and mu account keeps un downloading the oldest tracks over and over again in the last two weeks or so, but you people have not a f*** clue and you just won’t help me at all for a service I’m already paying for.

3 Replies

Hi @spunky214,

Thanks for your post! The download limit is 10,000 songs per device on up to 5 devices. Please check out this page for details on the limit.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But the Like playlist is unlimited? you should get your facts straight, a guy from your staff told me days ago that there was not limit anymore.

Just to be clear, I don't work for Spotify, just a volunteer in the community here, but I'm not disputing what you're saying. The Spotify team often tests new features, and it sounds like you may be experiencing one of those tests. That said, the download limit has always been a separate thing from the number of tracks you can save to a playlist or your library. For example, if you have two playlists each with 5,000 tracks and download both of them, you'd hit the download limit even though it's still possible to add tracks to both of those playlists. If you added more tracks, I'd expect you to run into a similar situation to what you're describing with the songs you've saved to your library. 

So, to the best of my knowledge, there has been no change regarding the number of tracks that can be downloaded. 

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts