Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's the point of following an artist?

Solved!

What's the point of following an artist?

Plan

Premium

Device

Google Pixel 2XL, iPad Pro, HP Laptop

Operating System

Latest Android, iOS, Windows, also latest versions of Spotify

My Question or Issue

I know this question has been asked multiple times before, but the most recent I could find was from 3 years ago. The answers seem to suggest I should be getting notifications whenever the artists I follow release new music. I am quite certain this is not the case, since I do not remember receiving such a notification through a push message or email in years while I am following about 30 artists and some of them have released music. Does this feature still exist? This could be a great feature if it actually worked. Is it supposed to only let me know of newly released albums only or singles as well? What could be the reason that i never get any of these notifications in any form? I have double checked my settings on my phone, in the system settings everything is turned on, in the app settings all of the push notification categories are turned on except 'Spotify News and Offers'.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @pepe9974

thanks for reaching out !

Following artists together with your listening history are parameters which help determine the suggestions and recommendations you receive by the apps algorithm.

It also effects your "Made For You" section of the app where you can find the "Discover Weekly" and "Release Radar" sections which also rely on the same following system.

There's also an idea that was raised within the community which you can read all about here.

Make sure to add your +VOTE and comment to promote it.

I would also recommend subscribing to it in order to get live updates on any changes.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @pepe9974

thanks for reaching out !

Following artists together with your listening history are parameters which help determine the suggestions and recommendations you receive by the apps algorithm.

It also effects your "Made For You" section of the app where you can find the "Discover Weekly" and "Release Radar" sections which also rely on the same following system.

There's also an idea that was raised within the community which you can read all about here.

Make sure to add your +VOTE and comment to promote it.

I would also recommend subscribing to it in order to get live updates on any changes.

Hope this shed some light.

Let me know if you have further questions 🙂

Hi,
Thanks for your answer! So there was a feature you could easily opt out of which they removed completely? However, it still appears in the apps settings? Well that's just great. Not confusing at all, really.

Suggested posts