Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are artist bios gone?

Why are artist bios gone?

Why did spotify remove artist bios from the top of the artist pages on the latest update? I want to know some info about each new band I click on. This seems ridiculous...

6 Replies

@Yingling wrote:

Why did spotify remove artist bios from the top of the artist pages on the latest update? I want to know some info about each new band I click on. This seems ridiculous...

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Bios are still present in the most recent version, but some bands might not have them (if they have not been written). 

Here is a screenshot from my client: 

spotify bio.png

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, but why not a short bio in all the blank space below the artist name like there used to be? That way I can read it while choosing tracks rather than having to go to a whole different tab.

@Yingling wrote:

Yes, but why not a short bio in all the blank space below the artist name like there used to be? That way I can read it while choosing tracks rather than having to go to a whole different tab.

Ah, I know what you mean now! 

It does look like that feature has been removed in v0.8.8 of the Spotify client. I would suggest if you would like to see it return, you make a new Idea over on the Ideas Exchange requesting its return. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You are missing info for things as old as Chopin... after the update the bio info is now gone... Bravo!

I've always used the android app version and recently I've had no artist bio information for any artist in my library. Also no concert information. This is an ongoing issue even after deleting my cache and uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the play store. Are there any hidden features that would keep the info hidden? Or is this the future of Spotify? 

Screenshot_20180815-190347.png

It’s 2019 and i still don’t have any bios. For example; If i visit Eurythmics, they seem to have one, but when i click to continue the reading the only thing that i can see are a picture show and some links.

8511A008-2EDA-40AE-9BB7-E0D5469171AA.jpeg

B0D82F06-AA71-490B-9991-E3FF3A41357B.jpeg

iPhone XS Max

Suggested posts