Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why are there multiples of songs/albums?

Solved!

Why are there multiples of songs/albums?

I like to keep my library organized and clean. I always want to make sure that I'm saving all the new music my favorite artists are putting out without doubles of the same songs (like deleting the singles when the album comes out.) 

I've noticed that sometimes there will be songs or albums that I saved straight from the artist's profile and then some time in the future I'll go back to their profile and see that it isn't saved. I can look in my library and see that I do have it saved, but it's just not the same one. New versions are always replacing the songs on the artist's profile but the version I have saved in my library cannot be found anywhere else.

For example, I go to Rina Sawayama's profile and see that I don't have the song "flicker" saved. I go back to my library and see that I do in fact have that song saved.

Why are there so many versions of the same songs always showing up? It's so hard to figure out what music you actually have saved or not. Has anybody else experienced this? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ehano,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

"Duplicates" of songs will appear depending on the way that right-holders upload different versions of a song on Spotify.

There's actually an Idea in the Community about consolidating songs that appear as duplicates in 'Liked Songs'.

You can check it here and make sure to click +VOTE as well as to comment with your feedback if you'd wish to see it implemented in Spotify.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

This is a common issue and it's been happening since forever. Spotify says it's working as intended. 

Marked as solution

Hey @ehano,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

"Duplicates" of songs will appear depending on the way that right-holders upload different versions of a song on Spotify.

There's actually an Idea in the Community about consolidating songs that appear as duplicates in 'Liked Songs'.

You can check it here and make sure to click +VOTE as well as to comment with your feedback if you'd wish to see it implemented in Spotify.

Hope you'll find this helpful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there no way to overwrite the metadatas with songs that have the exact same info as the duplicates so this issue doesn't happen? It's so annoying especially since both versions are still technically on the app. Lately there have been so many times where this has happened to me where a song or a FULL ALBUM I know I have liked shows up in a Daily mix or the AI DJ but shows I don't have it liked. I go to the artist, see I have the song liked but that this is another version of the same exact song again. This issue is clearly not "Solved" and I feel like it should be a priority as it makes Spotify seem a bit amateurish of a platform.

This is such an annoying and bad bug especially if we have premium and download the songs because this means Spotify may play the non-downloaded version of the song using our cellular data and playing at a lower quality. Not to mention re-liking the song can result to duplicates of the same song in your likes or just removing the history of when you either first liked it or discovered it, putting it back to the top of your likes.

Additionally, if there's a "deluxe" version or alternate version of an album, Spotify should take a note from competitors books and make it so there's just "one" version of the song so it likes all versions of that song into one. Utilize the database and metatags, identify songs from an artist that have the same name and just merge them all into one. Make it smart, use the technology like you are for the DJ!

It's such an annoying bug and I'm so tired of this happening over and over again for years now and would love if it can be focused on a bit more. Thank you. 

Suggested posts