Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why have all 3,857 of my downloaded songs been deleted from my phone?

Why have all 3,857 of my downloaded songs been deleted from my phone?

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Why would this ever happen? I was listening to a playlist about an hour or 2 ago (one that hadn't been downloaded), and then I grabbed my phone about 5 minutes ago and literally every single one of my saved playlists said "waiting to download" next to it. Every single song gone.

I have a small amount of Data per month, and need to travel miles away from where I live to hit wifi. So this is a total bummer. I was hoping it was like last time something like this happened, where it seemed it just needed to recertify the songs were in my playlist and when it "redownloaded" it was doing like 2 songs every second. But Nope. Songs are taking several seconds, the normal time and killing my data.

Would love to know that this was just a one off glitch and not a thing that will force me to buy a more expensive data plan just to be able to use Spotify.

2 Replies

Hey there @v-wy318_9wqbh,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We're sorry to hear about this.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this. After you performed a clean reinstall you'll have to download your playlists again.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Let us know how everything goes so that we can keep on assist you if you need us to. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Spotify,

It's neither helpful nor an honest answer, when you always ignore the fact that it's not the people, but your program that does not work fairly, and often malfunctions. Whenever I also have a problem with your app, even if the problem is a different one, I always see the same, repetitive answers: "Just uninstall the app, and download everything from the beginning." But why must I, or an user should do that when we're not the ones who causes the problem?

Of course, then let's say we will not use it anymore, and that we would at the first occasion, if there was an alternative.

I honestly do not understand what work your programmers do, than to occasionally redesign the app; whereas it's not even necessary to do so, but it is very necessary indeed, that they should instead fix these everlasting problems. And I'm sure, if they actually cared to fix it, it would not even take them 3 days to do so, considering how trifling a work it would have been, for a man who can write a program, to fix some seemingly basic problems that infuriate its users.

I just hope for once your team will realize that there's a problem, and I'm sure they're not incapable of solving it.

Suggested posts