Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is there a 10k download limit per device?

Why is there a 10k download limit per device?

It's especially difficult to understand when your primary competitor allows up to 100,000 downloads on a single device.

Some people have a large music library, so why not let them download all of their songs? And don't tell me that only a "small portion of the user base have large libraries." It's a lame excuse considering the fact that this is paid service.

2 Replies

Hey @electricwizard, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I understand your concern. You can like as many songs as you'd like on your devices, more information on the Community Blog post here.

The download limit does remain in effect. More information on downloading music and podcasts can be found in this support article.

If this is something you'd like to see in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this. I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

I hope this clears things up. I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Typical canned response. "Read this stupid support article or attempt to post an idea that the company will either ignore, block you from posting or implement five years too late." It's the whole liked songs limit garbage all over again.

Suggested posts