Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Daily Drive: same music again and again

Your Daily Drive: same music again and again

Hello team, Daily Drive landed in France couple of weeks ago and I LOVE the idea.

The podcast are great and I love how they are mixed with music.

But for any reason, it feels like the music that got selected on the daily mix is always the same-ish. Always the same artistes, and sometimes the same titles in a different order.

Are you guys encountering the same behavior?

45 Replies

Hey there @yoonnel,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

The songs in the Daily Drive playlist are based on the tracks you're listening to currently and should update when you start playing some new tunes.

We'd recommend making sure that you're not using Private session when listening if you'd like to hear a new certain track in your ''Made for you'' section.

The more you play a song, the bigger chance it has of appearing in the Daily drive.

If you have trouble with that, just give us a bit more info about what is happening and we'll investigate further.

We also have an idea about being able to customize your Daily Drive here - feel free to take a look and +Vote.

Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Elena thank you for your feedback.

You can be sure that I don't listen to the same 10 songs repeatedly everyday. And by the way, the songs added to the mix, are indeed songs that I like, but also songs that I don't listen anymore, appart when they are added into the mix.

Really feel sad about this since it makes me going away from this daily mix that is becoming boring as **bleep**.

Hey @yoonnel

Thanks for your reply. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and will make sure to pass it on to the right folks as we always strive to improve your experience. 

If anything else comes up, you know where to find us. 

Cheers.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Songs in the daily drive are the same EXACT songs everyday.  Wash, rinse repeat.  There is no way to remove those songs from the Daily Drive playlist. They are always the same, every day.  Who actually listens to music that way?  I'm using Apple News audio more everyday because of this.  I want to listen to some news some truly random music that I like.  Also, the songs do not change despite listening to playlists without these songs.  I think I miss human curation more every day.  AI is stupid.    

Same.  It's really disappointing. The daily drive is such a good idea. The same songs every day is terrible. Looking for another option.  

Another vote for fixing this. It was looking like it'd be a fantastic addition, but it's been botched somewhere along the line. Out of the thousands of liked songs you pick the same handful and only those ever play, every single day which makes the entire feature pointless.

I'll never understand how a company of spotifys size can have such an incredibly slow pace of development. Whatever you're doing its clearly not working.

Hi there @RickM,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

You can also subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Spotify,

I think daily drive is a great idea but is let down by this simple bug. Please please please sort it!

Just wanted to add my +1 to this issue, every day the exact same songs are in the playlist. Weekly recommendations or playlist radio are much more diverse than the daily drive. 

Same problem here! Same. Songs. Everyday. 

Super frustrating, as I love the mix of news and podcasts with my music, but this is driving me crazy. And I do listen to other music and genres beyond what my daily drive continues to play to me.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We understand that you are having issues with your Daily Drive Mix not being refreshed. We have found a similar thread here, where other users found a solution for this, so you can go and check it out to see if it helps you as well. As described by the user in that thread, this could be a result of some cache-related issues between your device and account. 

We can also suggest to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to resolve any possible cache-related issues.

Additionally, I'd be more than happy to explain to you folks, how the updating of your personalized Daily Mixes actually works, as the Daily Drive falls in the same category. If a Daily Mix is ​​opened up again within 8 hours, the playlist will pick up from where it left off, hence it will not be refreshed. If the mix is ​​inactive for more than 8 hours, then the playlist will be reordered and remixed for you. If you've played your Daily Mix continuously or played it and paused it, it won't be remixed for you until you actually switch to another playable content and then come back 8 hours later. Also note that the Daily Mixes are ​​not updated with fresh content every 8 hours, but they are curated using the existing pool of your already liked content (which in turn updates itself on a weekly basis).

So, when exploring and adding new songs or artists to your favorites, you could expect them to start appearing in your Daily Mix playlists, a week or three later. 

Hope this helps. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I want to add to this thread I'm still having the same issues as others have reported. I have tried logging off twice in a row, I have tried going in offline mode and clearing the cache, most recently I uninstalled the app from my PC deleted every file that had Spotify in it or the path, reinstalled, every song the same as it has been.  I'm do not want to hear these songs anymore.

hopefully, this gets fixed but I found this until then, it generates a random daily drive.
https://random-daily-drive.vercel.app/

Spotify...

Listen to you users. Add a SIMPLE REFRESH button onto the daily drive instead of making it after 8 hours of no usage. Also if we have listened to the entire set then refresh.  

Simple and easy.  If you would actually have developers use your products you may find you will have a better product instead of some product design manager saying "This sounds good" and not listening to the users.

Just gotta ad my +1 to this thread.  That other thread is marked as solved, but it truly isn't.  This bug still exists and despite clearing cache and listening to other music, the Daily Drive is the same songs and the same news podcasts - just with updated content.  I'd like different news too - or just the ability to unlike and dismiss a news podcast source.

Mike

Same issue here. Same dozen songs every single day - just in a random order. I have taken to just skipping the songs and only listening to the podcasts...

Mee too. Same songs every day for weeks although I listen to dozens of other songs in other random playlits. This issue is not fixed! As a result one song was set in my yearly statistics as favorite because this song was the first song in daily drive for weeks or months. Great!?

Meanwhile I only listen to the podcasts and skip the songs. That's too bad.

I keep getting the exact same episode from the worst podcast that doesn't even exist anymore. It's from December. I really want my short wave back and this BuzzFeed junk to go away.

Same issue here! Sometimes a new song will show up on my playlist, but it will be because I found something new and I play it on repeat. 

Ironically, the Daily Drive songs show up on my Wrapped, but it's because I'm forced to listen to them daily. Just skipping songs for now until this feature improves.

What would help is the ability to remove songs from the playlist, which would prevent them from coming back and make room for new songs to be added in. 

I have the same problems since months. Independent from the device I use. Come on guys, finally fix this!

Suggested posts