Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Your Daily Drive: same music again and again

Your Daily Drive: same music again and again

Hello team, Daily Drive landed in France couple of weeks ago and I LOVE the idea.

The podcast are great and I love how they are mixed with music.

But for any reason, it feels like the music that got selected on the daily mix is always the same-ish. Always the same artistes, and sometimes the same titles in a different order.

Are you guys encountering the same behavior?

45 Replies

Same here, same with my wife. Always. The. Same. Stuff.
Also very annoying: I listened to an audio book once, now I have a chapter of that forever in my daily drive. Please also start differenciating between music and other content. Thanks 🙂

Still an issue. Been stuck with the same few songs from the same albums for weeks now.

I also started enjoying Daily Drive, but have to skip past the same songs over and over, and wish it would be adjusted. Based on the feedback from the Spotify team above, I suspect this is an algorithmic problem, not a bug. 

If on day 1, Daily Drive inserts a mix of my most-played songs, and I listen to the whole thing, all of those songs will have ben reinforced as songs I listen to a lot... because I sat through them all during Daily Drive. Unless I listen to a bunch of other songs that day, the same songs that were on yesterday's Daily Drive might still be considered "highly played" unless I skip past them all and just focus on the news. So essentially just being willing to keep using Daily Drive as written may exacerbate the problem.

The Spotify team should be sure they are excluding songs listened to as part of Daily Drive from future algorithmic decisions about what songs to include in future Daily Drives. Otherwise, users who listen to Daily Drive every day are never going to break out of having the same playlist every day. 

Sprinkling in some weekly recommendations of new music would be nice too, instead of just the same songs I've already been listening to. What makes you think I only want to listen to songs I've already been listening to a bunch as part of my morning routine?

I am experiencing the same issue and It is not just similar songs from my liked, it is the exact 10 songs. I can name them all, that is how frustrating it is.

I un-liked them, blocked some artists, skip them immediately when they come on and have not listened to them for over a MONTH,  but still they come back to the same songs in all of my blends/ daily drive playlist.

It seems that the underlying problem is that if you are a commuter, and frequently use daily drive you are constantly reinforcing the same songs into your cycle and because you listen to the same daily drive over and over again those songs begin to climb higher in your Spotify stats until they are so dominant in your recommended content that you don't get any sort of shuffle.

i.e. (You listen to your daily drive one, now song A has n+1 listen, all of your other music has just n listens... now you listen to your daily drive again and the algorithm says to put the songs with the greatest number of listens into your playlist. of course it will select song A because it has more listens, now that song has n+2 listens and the number keeps growing till it has the most listens and you get sick of the song.)

In short I don't want to listen to Comethazine anymore, Spotify if you give me the code I will literally fix it myself for free. 

Same issue here, same songs over and over in daily drive. I loved this playlist feature when I first heard it, almost can't listen to it anymore. It plays the SAME 10 SONGS OVER AND OVER. Not just similar songs with some overlap, the same songs. I have been listening for about a month, songs have yet to change. I keep hoping something will happen. Plz help  me Spotify, you're my only hope. Plz fix.

I'm **bleep** about this, its insanely frustrating because all of my blends are the same and my recommended playlists are**bleep** now and I didn't want to say it but SPOTIFY IT MAKES ME WANT TO SWITCH TO APPLE MUSIC.

How is this thread so OLD and still not fixed?  Spotify come on!!!!

It's laughable that this thread is so OLD without resolution.  I found myself searching online to see if others have the same experience and the answer is a resounding YES.  Daily Drive is a great feature and one that i enjoy listening to.  However, the same music on rotation EVERY SINGLE f-ing day?  Good lord this is maddening.

I just don’t get it. People have been complaining about the lack of variety of music in the “curated” playlist in the Daily Drive for years. Why is there no progress. I too am about to give up on the Daily Drive. It’s a shame. I love the podcasts. However, as someone in this thread put it, “wash, rinse and repeat” is going to make Apple News a better option. 

Hello??? This is still not working

This is still not working!!

any update on this? Daily Drive seemed amazing the first time I tried it, and I was looking forward to using it again, but the songs are either exactly the same, or some mix of 50-80% the same every day. I've given up for now 😞

I have the same issue. It is the same songs again and again. I do not listen to them frequently. I actually did a test and listened to a certain group of songs and only one of them came up and the others were the same from the previous weeks. 

Also reporting the same issue, day after day, week after week the same songs keep coming back no matter how many times I skip them and listen to new tracks off the commute

Same exact issue.  I’ve gotten so sick of those songs I instantly skip them if they come up in another playlist.  No chance this is based on anything other than listening habits from the last year.  Typical support response “Hold On” just like the number one constantly playing song in my Daily Drive playlist which now drives me crazy.

Add another subscriber that is totally annoyed with this issue. I can literally tell you the order of the same songs that are going to be played. The Spotify curation system is broken. I use DD everyday, but am so sick of the same old songs, that I have removed them from my "Liked" list, but they still get air time on my DD. Please fix this or I will end up subscribing to a different source for my news/music.

I will also switch to Apple Music. Sick of Spotify…

Can we fix this at some point? 
Only a few of my new trends are considered. Especially the last half has been the same genre since more than a year, which I dont listen to anymore besides in Daily Drive. These songs are not even found in my top of the year songs.

Has there been any advances in this issue? I see these messages from a year ago, but I am still having this issue. Same 10-20 songs every single time.

My liked songs are getting added to almost every day and I listen to a lot of different music all the time. My daily Drive is great - the same 10-20 songs, not so much

I've just started using Daily Drive and after 2 days of the exact same songs, it's clear the bug still exists. Very disappointing.

Suggested posts