Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Liked songs & albums that are removed and later readded, should still remain liked

Solved!

[Your Library] Liked songs & albums that are removed and later readded, should still remain liked

I've seen this happen a number of times: I liked songs from a certain artist's certain album, then later I visit the artist's page and under that album none of the songs are liked.

My guess is that a number of things could have happened: Legal/record issues or removal & reupload of certain albums by any party, however the end result is the same: Fans of a certain artist no longer have their songs liked.

This is especially frustrating for users who regularly Shuffle Play their Liked Songs playlist.

The ideal resolution would be for Spotify to be able to recognize identical album reuploads & migrate/save the like metadata from the previous version.

Is this something that could be addressed?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ulri3l,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community!

If detection and consolidation for reuploaded songs is something you'd like to see in the app, we'd recommend suggesting it to our Ideas Exchange. This way, other users can show their support and share their feedback on this as well.

To find more information on sharing your idea with the Community, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer first.

There's also a similar sounding idea for consolidation of duplicate liked songs that you might be interested in. If so, you can add your +VOTE and comments to show your support.

Hope this is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @ulri3l,

Thanks for sharing your feedback here in the Community!

If detection and consolidation for reuploaded songs is something you'd like to see in the app, we'd recommend suggesting it to our Ideas Exchange. This way, other users can show their support and share their feedback on this as well.

To find more information on sharing your idea with the Community, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer first.

There's also a similar sounding idea for consolidation of duplicate liked songs that you might be interested in. If so, you can add your +VOTE and comments to show your support.

Hope this is useful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts