Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Recommended Artist not showing on Desktop and Mobile

Solved!

[Your Library] Recommended Artist not showing on Desktop and Mobile

Plan

Premium

Device

Lg nexus 5x, Macbook Pro mid 2014

Operating System

MacOs Catalina, Android 8, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello everyone, I am currently having issues with Spotify on windows 10 and on android 8. I used to be able to go to artist and find my recommended artist there from all the songs and albums that I had saved, somehow they have disappeared and I can only view the artist that I follow. This is very strange and I cannot view my saved songs anymore based on artist. On my MacBook however, everything seems to be working fine, I can see all my recommended artists there and there is absolutely nothing wrong, so how come it suddenly has been removed on windows and android, or is it just a bug? 

Screenshot 2020-05-04 at 23.21.59.png
52 Replies

Yeah, this 'solution' makes no sense. I don't get why Spotify keeps removing features that make it easier to use.

I have done a complete reinstall, and still having the issue. When is this going to be fixed?

Hey @rhortiguela,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

As @Ivan mentioned, the ongoing issue should now be resolved for all users, but the feature is no longer supported for desktop. Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your mobile device? If that's the case and your still not seeing the recommended artists section, could you log in with a friend or family members account and let us know if it comes up there?

We'd also really appreciate it if you send us a couple of screenshots of what you see at your end when you scroll down to the bottom of the artists section in your library. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

Keep us posted 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have done a clean and reinstall twice now, and still no artists are shown. Enclosed is a screen shot of the artist shown (only 3 -  but I should have way much more than these)

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-28 at 8.38.53 AM.jpg

Hi again @rhortiguela,

Thanks for the reply!

What happens when you try liking a few more artists - Do they appear in your collection straight away?  Also how many artists do you see if you log in on a different device or the web player.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

btw is there an explanation for why no longer available for desktop?

The 3 artist that appear currently, they do as I have followed them yesterday. So if I ckick to follow the artist, it will appear. But as I said, it is nonsense to go though all my playlists and follow every artist in. Also my album's folder is almost empty, and it should be full with all the music I have on my playlists.

If I use the PC app, it shows exactly the same (3 artists and no albums). Also if logged to the web player through MS Edge (see screen shots included). I don't have another device to log in.

pc app.jpg
edge.jpg

Hey there @rhortiguela,

Thank you for your reply and screenshots.

In this case we suggest that you have a look here to make sure you don't have more than one account. Make sure you enter all the possible email addresses you have access to.

If that doesn't do the trick - we recommend you to contact our customer support here

We hope this was helpful and if you have any questions we're always one reply away. 

Cheers 🙂 

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nothing worked. I tried the link to contact customer support but it is not working. Can you provide one that does really work?

Hey there @rhortiguela,

Thank you for your reply. 

You click here and continue with the steps. You'll then see the option Still need help. Click there and continue with the steps.

If you get stuck somewhere, let us know and we'll continue to assist you.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Customer support was a joke. They told me that in order that the artists appears, I need to follow each one of them, which it was said before in this post that it was already corrected. So the issue is not corrected, and in order to see arists and albums it is required to follow each one of them, which is nonesense.

I followed each and everyone of my artists. Even if I only like one song. That was the only solution because spotify is not able to create a good working app. The low price and the ability to share music with my friends keeps me here. Otherwise I would be long gone.

Hi - 

I'm not seeing "Recommended Artists" on desktop for Mac 1.1.47.684.g136419d9

Would love this feature to explore artists on desktop.

Thanks!

Stephen

Suggested posts