Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

default playback mode is shuffle, pls stop

default playback mode is shuffle, pls stop

every day, i go to put on an album and shuffle is selected by default even though i press the first track with no intention of shuffling. i have to unselect shuffle over and over again, every dang day. i am the kind of person who literally NEVER wants to listen to an album out of sequence. i prefer it to be the way the artist intended. spotify has famously no respect for artists so im not surprised this is their practice, but at least respect your paying customers and allow us to choose the listening experience we want instead of foisting this "shuffle" nonsense on us so the algorithm can not-so-subtly push "popular" tracks on us. I'd like my freedom back. 

1 Reply

Hey @mattolssonmusic ,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If you start playback by selecting an individual track and shuffle wasn't enabled in your last session, playback should continue in order.

If that's not the case, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain.

These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts