Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

desktop playlist search

desktop playlist search

I don't know if this is because of my Spotify version, but whenever I search for a song in my playlists, have it pop up, and click on it so it starts playing, that's the only song in the queue? The rest of the playlist won't play. Or, say for example there are 2 songs with the same name, or I only type out a few letters before selecting my song, whatever pops up as the results will play. This doesn't make any sense as I'm selecting it from my playlist so I'd obviously want the rest to play. I'm not sure what's causing this as I update the app software when it says it's available so if there's anyone that can let me know if/how I can fix this, or if this is a bug that could be fixed on Spotify's side asap, that'd be great. I hope this made sense and thanks for reading!

saggytitty_0-1663723401258.png

saggytitty_1-1663723448384.png

saggytitty_2-1663723480174.pngsaggytitty_3-1663723495458.png

1 Reply

Hi @saggytitty!

The magnifying glass icon in playlists acts more like a filter, so when you enter a keyword, the feature filters out any other results from the playlist and displays only those that contain the keyword. Playing one of the results creates a new queue that consists only of those results.

Here's how you can get the rest of the playlist to play without limiting the queue:

1. Open the desired playlist and press Ctrl + F.
  2. Enter a keyword (or a track's name), then left-click on the song you'd like to play to select it.
  3. Now either press Esc on your keyboard or click on the X in the field. This should remove the filter and take you to the current position of the song you just selected.
  4. Play the track. Now the queue should consist of all remaining songs that are in the playlist (i.e. should not be limited to just the track you selected).

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts