Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

discover weekly and release radar playlists are useless now because of soundscapes

discover weekly and release radar playlists are useless now because of soundscapes

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

S10, PC

Operating System

OneUI, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have recently started using spotify soundscapes to help sleep, using a single raintrack that I loop all night.

Since doing this, my release radar and discover weekly playlists consist of 95% soundscapes. Waterfalls, rain, wind, etc... There is also an adjacent sort of issue with lofi-hip hop listening at night to wind down, but that might be harder to fix.

At minimum, I hope to remove all soundscapes from the algorithm. I dont know how many people are really looking for the latest and greatest rain sounds.

Lofi-hip hop on the other hand is a little more challenging. Sometimes the suggestion is good and other times its just a soundscape...

1 Reply

Hey there @z3german,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

This is expected behavior. Spotify makes loads of playlists just for you, based on your listening habits (what you like, share, save, skip) and the listening habits of others with similar taste. 

If you'd like something to change you can always create an idea about this. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts