Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

download maximum: what is library contains >10.000 songs

Solved!

download maximum: what is library contains >10.000 songs

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 8, MacBook

My Question or Issue

What happens to the download process if my library contains more than 10.000 songs? I know library size is now unlimited, but downloads are still limited to 10.000 per device (I have downloaded my entire library/liked songs on all devices).

Will new songs be download whilst old songs be bumped off, or will downloads simply cease? In that latter case, will the first 10.000 downloaded songs stay downloaded?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @red_robin, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you reach the limit, you'll get a message stating that you're unable to add more unless you remove other downloaded songs to free up space to download more. 

There is some more information on downloading music and podcasts in this support article

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @red_robin, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

When you reach the limit, you'll get a message stating that you're unable to add more unless you remove other downloaded songs to free up space to download more. 

There is some more information on downloading music and podcasts in this support article

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Great, so if I understand correctly: I won't be able to add more downloads (obviously) but the app will function normally, and the first 10.000 songs I downloaded will stay downloaded and be available for off line use.

Hey @red_robin,

Yes that's correct! App performance and reliability depends on the type of device you have and the amount of storage. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts