featured artists tagged as song artist.

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Operating System

Windows

My Question or Issue

I've been seeing a lot of songs that are tagged incorrectly which weren't at first. An example is Euphoria (feat. Travis Scott & Kaash Paige) by Don Toliver. At first it was tagged correctly, but now if I go through the album, the song artist isn't Don Toliver anymore, it's Kaash Paige now (Euphoria (feat. Travis Scott & Kaash Paige) by Kaash Paige).

Euphoria isn't the only example, almost all songs off Slime Language II by Young Stoner Life were tagged with song artist Young Stoner Life, which is normal. But after a while almost all songs changed to be the featured artists as song artists, one of them being WokStar (feat. Strick & Skepta) by Strick, while it was WokStar (feat. Strick & Skepta) by Young Stoner Life originally. 

This whole problem is really annoying because I sort my playlists by artist, so that all artists and their albums are grouped together, that way it's very easy to find everything. But now a lot of songs aren't grouped along with the other songs of an album, they end up somewhere completely else because they're tagged with the wrong artist. I also use Last.fm, that's also one of the issues with this whole thing, songs with tags that were correct but changed afterwards, will be scrobbles that are separated from the original song with correct tags.

I don't know if this is a problem on my end or if it's a global Spotify problem, either way I hope there's a solution to this. 

1.JPG
2.JPG
2 Replies

Hey there @martijnvdl10!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

It sounds like this is caused by some wrong metadata that was submitted to Spotify by the distributor or the company that uploaded the tracks on the platform.

We recommend reporting this by following the steps here

Keep us in the loop.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

Thanks for answering, I'll report it but I don't know if it's a problem by the distributors of those songs because the wrong tags weren't there in the beginning. At first they were correct, but after a while they changed up to the wrong tags. 

So,  I thought this was a problem on Spotify's end, but maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I'll report it.

Martijn

Suggested posts