Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

groove music

groove music

ive previously bought alot of music through groove music app and now transfered music to spotify but not able to use the music offline although ive paid for it all and microsoft havent been exactly helpful nor spotify. has anyone got any idea how i can get my music back without having to stream or pay for a streaming service or to get my money back for the music i technically own

1 Reply

Hey there @michaelp174,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We hope you don't mind us moving this thread to the right board.

Just to confirm, are the tracks you've bought through Groove Music in one of the following formats:

• .mp3
  • .m4p (unless it contains video)
  • .mp4 (if QuickTime is installed on your computer)

If not, it won't be possible to add them on Spotify as local files, which would explain why you're having troubles.

Further, keep in mind that some of your tracks may be protected in restricted formats.

You can install QuickTime on your desktop to allow most of these tracks to be played on Spotify.

For more info on how to add and listen to your local files on Spotify, we'd also recommend taking a look at this support site article.

If these don't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could add some additional details on what's happening so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts