Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iPhone: offline sync spins forever (single track test)

iPhone: offline sync spins forever (single track test)

Plan

Premium

Country

U.S.

Device

iPhone 12

Operating System

iOS latest

My Question or Issue

I want to sync some local files to my iPhone, which never works, despite following all of Spotify's instructions perfectly.

As a test, I added one mp3 file (3mb 256kb) on my local HD to my local files, then added it to a test playlist. On Spotify Mac, I verified the Audio file is playable. Then, I enabled "Download". On Spotify iPhone, for the same playlist, I see the song in the playlist, greyed out. I tapped the down arrow icon for Download. The icon is now in a spin state for an hour, and the song is still greyed out.

Again, I have verified I've done *EVERYTHING* Spotify instructions told me to, exactly as they told me to do them, plus all advanced tips from the community. I have 30 years of IT experience, so I know that I know what I'm doing. Is sync on Spotify just broken? What else can I try to get my local files sync'd to Spotify on iPhone?

4 Replies

Maybe...try to reinstall the Spotify app on your iPhone?

Hey there @user-removed,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

A useful step in is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know which version of the app you have?

Let us know how everything works so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Nooooooope.

A better solution is iPhone Spotify Settings > Local Files = enable. This is the magic setting that allows local files to be synced to your device.

(Now whether the files are playable is another topic...)

Maybe...read what I posted?

Suggested posts