iTunes Music Transfer to Spotify Library

Premium

USA

Device

iPhone, Macbook

Operating System

iOS 14, Big Sur

My Question or Issue

Is there a way to import/transfer iTunes or local music files to Spotify? I have an extensive iTunes library that has sat collecting dust since switching to Spotify years ago but I want some all of my older music brought into Spotify without having to manually add every album to my Spotify library. I would like to access it even when not on my Macbook which has the local files. Tips or thoughts? Thanks!

3 Replies

Hey @sammivez, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify doesn't support this officially, but I have found an app that might help you moving those playlists from Apple Music to Spotify. You can find more about it here

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

There is a way to transfer iTunes files to Spotify. I am using a tool called DumpMedia Apple Music Converter. It can remove DRM protection of the files and help me download the files. Then I can add the downloaded iTunes files on Spotify. Here are some steps to use the converter:

Step 1: Download and Install DumpMedia Apple Music Converter

Of course, we need to ensure that DumpMedia Apple Music Converter has been downloaded and installed on the personal computer. Once installed, open and launch the program.

Step 2: Add files

Under the “Library” menu, tick “Music” if you wanted to copy the songs you have. Once done, you will now be seeing all the songs and playlists stored on your iTunes library.

To be able to choose the songs to be downloaded and converted, you can either tick the checkboxes right next to each or make use of the search bar to easily find the specific or certain songs you wanted to be transformed.

Step 3: Perform Adjustments On the Settings of The Resulting Output

The next step that should be done is to perform the adjustments on the settings of the resulting output. You can choose any format from those that would be listed. The application supports many DRM-free formats including MP3.

This as well supports those in AC3, M4A, M4R, AIFF, FLAC, AU, and even MKA format. Selecting any of those formats you prefer will do.

Step 4: Tick The Convert Button to Begin the Process

Upon completing all the adjustments wanted for personalization or customization, the final step would now be the conversion process. You can just hit the “Convert” button which is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.

I tried Musconvtool and successfully transferred my playlists from iTunes to Spotify. 

Suggested posts