Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

is saving an album on spotify the same as saving songs from that album?

is saving an album on spotify the same as saving songs from that album?

My Question or Issue

i am going through my spotify and cleaning it up. i tapped on the "album" feature and saw a ton of albums, some of which i saved songs from and some of which it seems that i did not save any songs from. what exactly does the albums feature do? is it just a way to save albums you like as a shortcut under that tab? can i unsave albums from there and still keep the songs i've saved in my library?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 11)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Windows 10)

2 Replies

I have the same question i don’t know why some songs appear with the download icon and others don’t and it keeps erasing downloads it’s a **bleep**in mess this app

Hey there @katherineqin13 and @spunky214

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Saving tracks to your Liked songs is different than saving favorite albums under the Albums tab. The purpose of these features is allowing you to save single songs from a specific album, as well as to save a favorite album without choosing specific songs to save. 

As to what @spunky214 describes, we'd suggest running a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app. This way you can start afresh with Spotify on your device and fix the issue with the disappearing downloads. 

Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device. If it doesn’t do the trick, we’ll provide you with further help.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Suggested posts