Plan

Premium

Country 

Italy

Device

Samsung Galaxy s6

Operating System

Android

My shuffle player stopped working properly. When I delete or move songs in the queue, they pop back up again and I don't know why. It's as if I can't manage the song queue anymore. What can I do? Thanks!!

16 Replies

Hi there @Clelia93

welcome to the community !

Let's start with a basic clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I had the same issue and I deleted the app on my iPhone and in my MacBook and it’s not resolved

I had the same problem and a clean reinstall seems to have solved it for now

Hey @Clelia93,

Did you also solve this by following @OneByBoo's suggestion like @Baneposting?

@BlackOpal9, as a heads-up, what @OneByBoo suggested is a more thorough process than deleting the app on your iPhone and MacBook and then quickly reinstalling it. Just to confirm, did you give that suggestion a try?

Let us know and we'll be happy to help further or with anything else if needed 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can’t figure out how to do that in iOS 13

Update - I now have the same problem again after having no issues for half a day or so

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Windows 10 PC and Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android Nougat, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

When I am shuffling my liked songs, any changes I make to the "next up" shuffled play queue are reverted at some point and it plays in the original order.

It's slightly different for Android and PC, but generally it happens before the next song plays. It happens the same way whether I rearrange songs or remove them from the queue. 

Adding to queue and editing the "next in queue" list appears to work correctly.

Seems to be happening both on my Android device as well as desktop Windows app.

Probably about 90% of my playtime on Spotify is in this use case scenario, so it's quite frustrating when it doesn't work as it has been for years.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When I remove a song(s) from my queue (i.e. songs that are upcoming in my playlist), they get removed, but after about 10-15 seconds they appear again in my queue. However, songs that I manually add to my queue aren't having this issue

That’s really strange have you tried logging out and back in?

Hey folks!

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Here come some steps that you could try to solve this:

If your issues still persists, just let us know what you've tried so far so that we can suggest some other steps and look further into this.

We appreciate your cooperation and we're looking forward to your replies.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

ElenaModerator

Hello!i’ve tried all the previous suggestions but the problem of manually removed from queue songs reappearing still persists.i also did a clean installment of the app but it keeps doing it.

I’ve been having the same issue for around a week on my iPhone and those fixes haven’t worked for me

Update- after I updated this same issue went away.

This issue is also occuring for me.

This appears to be a glitch in the software and I hope Spotify are fixing this.

I have uninstalled the player from my PC and re-installed and it has made no difference.

After editing my play queue, the play queue just restores itself to its original state within a few seconds.

Additionally I have tried the situation on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9, and it is also happening on that, before and after the re-install of the app.

There is one song that constantly reappears inside my queue, randomly.  Since I once removed it manually from my queue, which is a few months ago.

It happens when songs get starte from my iPhone or from the iPhone from my wife, not sure if it also happens when I use the Desktop-app or the webplayer.

But I assume that this is not a problem on the client-side, but on the server-side.

@Spotify I can manually log when this incident happens, if this would help your developers to track the bug down.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

It's a good idea to try with another account on your device. Does the issue occur? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

@Hendrikvp We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. By doing that you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

You can also send us a screenshot of what you're seeing. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop! If you have more questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts