liked songs and albums

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

UK

Device

Android and Windows

My Question or Issue

I am pretty sure that when I scan through my song there are ones there (songs and albums) that I have clicked like on (or should I say the horrible loveheart) and they are no longer selected as liked.

I have not made a list of what ive liked as I trust Spotify to do it for me so i'll admit i am self doubting myself when I see them, but I am pretty certain that this is happening, is it happening to anyone else?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you like an album then only the album gets liked and added to your Albums section. The individual songs aren't liked by default. If you like the individual songs then those liked songs are added to your Liked Songs playlist. And additionally if you want to have an artist in your Artists section to be able to see which songs of that artist you have in your library then you have to tap on Follow on the artist's page. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies

What do you mean by "when I scan through my song"?

Over the time I've had spotify I've listened to albums and tracks and added playlists or clicked like on a track or album.

Now if I look through my library or even search for a artist and revisit an album I see tracks and albums that I am pretty sure I clicked like on (or lovehearted) that no longer show that symbol against them and so I have to reselect it.

What's common is that there are multiple versions of the same album which look identical but have different URIs. In such cases you have an album in your library but if you check on the artist page the same album is not liked/hearted. But if you say that liked songs just disappear then I don't know. It might help if you disable Hide unavailable songs option. It's also possible that some songs might have become unavailable too because of the different album version issue. 

maybe that on a couple but tonight for example I found one. Tons of Sky by Giyo, only 1 album showing, I know i liked/hearted that album but now it has nothing. I re-liked the album but then surely that should be default like all the tracks under it and yet it doesnt, all the songs are still showing as unliked but the album itself liked (see image)

sjp1966_0-1575579705332.png

Marked as solution

If you like an album then only the album gets liked and added to your Albums section. The individual songs aren't liked by default. If you like the individual songs then those liked songs are added to your Liked Songs playlist. And additionally if you want to have an artist in your Artists section to be able to see which songs of that artist you have in your library then you have to tap on Follow on the artist's page. 

I guess that must be what I am getting mixed up, that I may be liking albums and not tracks and that is what the issue is, Im not 100% convinced ill admit but that is the only thing that makes sense I think, thanks.

No problem. 

Suggested posts