Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Macbook Pro 2020 

Operating System

MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

For some reason i can't add local files anymore. And the local files i've added in the past are still in my playlists but greyed out. So I can't play them anymore on my desktop. 

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-27 om 09.17.44.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-27 om 09.18.12.png

  

4 Replies

Hi fromeverybody!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

I suggest you to log out from Spotify, restart your computer and logging back in.

If the problem persists, it means you are currently part of a test that Spotify is currently running with it's desktop experience. 

Right now, it's not possible to opt-out of these tests however if your not happy with the new experience I'd recommend adding a +VOTE here to show your interest to Spotify to returning back to what you had previously.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Tnx for replying. Is there a reason for removing the local files option in spotify? Somebody must have had an idea behind the removal of this functionality. 

As far as I know, it's only a temporary test and I doubt the local files option will be permanently removed. 

If you want to know more about Spotify tests, I suggest you to read this.

Rubbish, if it was a test:

They should have ask if you like to volunteer for this test,

and it should have been properly announced when it would be finished.

What I observe: Spotify just switches off functionality that you paying for as a Premium user.
Probably you can later buy it back, by becoming a Premium plus member or something like that.
Sofar Spotify did not bother to update its users on this topic. Just radio silence, pure arrogant behaviour.

Suggested posts