Announcements

lossless quality maybe?

Highlighted

lossless quality maybe?

hello

do Spotify has any intention to release lossless quality, i see on ideas the topic is dated 2017 and i am sure people been calling for this transition even before that.. there is no way if Spotify considered it, it would take this long besides till now the idea status is "good idea" not even under construction or something. if you guys not intending to make the change so we just find outselves another service that offers better quality as right now i cant just pay for two subs here and there, its either here or somewhere else that offer better sound quality coz even when i compare my ripped 320kbps mp3 to the highest quality on spotify prem, the difference is HUGE, my local files are way better although supposedly its the same quality spotify claim to stream.

17 Replies
Highlighted

Re: lossless quality maybe?

Composer
Hi @Doudar,

Same Here.. Wanting For Spotify Lossless And Also Spotify Cloud Services.. There Are Many Who Want And I Am Sure If Spotify Include These, Their Premium Members Will Definitely Increase.. However, For The Time Being We Can Only Hope For The Best That Spotify Will Definitely Look Into Our Demand That We Are Asking That Too Not For Free.. We Will Definitely Go For / Will Stay To Premium For Lossless And Cloud Service.. These Will Be Definitely A Game Changing For Spotify.. Though They Have Already Changed The Game In The Past By Reviving The Music Industry.. But Now, There's Huge Competitions, Especially Players Like Tidal And Deezer Are Doing Spot On In Terms Of Quality Of Sound.. Now, It's Time For Spotify To Move A Step Ahead Of Others..

Hoping For The Best..

With Best Wishes & Regards,
Rahul Haldar - Spotify's Diehard & Loyal Fan
Highlighted

Roadie
TERRIBLE SOUND with Spotify Premium with NO LOSSLESS CD Quality content and streaming.

Just offer SPOTIFY LOSSLESS for $2 more a month for audiophiles who want it, they'll pay for it!

Update: Came back a year later to check back in and try again. NOPE. After using Tidal Hi-Fi, Quobuz, Amazon music Premium and WOW, what a difference, the sound of Spotify Premium is super compressed sounding, highs are rolled off, bottom end low frequency is rolled off, sound stage is compressed. Its too bad Spotify does not have leaders and engineers who understand what people want.

Love the user interface and learning engine, but it sounds weak, nothing like Tidal HiFi.

Using Spotify to find and learn music, and add the music on Tidal and listen to it THERE instead.

Wake up Spotify...

Highlighted

Visitor

On trial period with Qobuz. And it is no contest. Spotify's sound quality is really low. There are 3 things that they beat Qobuz:

1. There are a few songs that I like, but are not available on Qobuz

2. The Spotify mobile app controls the desktop app, which is the way I like, since my PC is on the audio rack.

3. Suggestions - I find that Spotify makes better suggestions than Qobuz.

But as a audiophile, the nod goes to Qobuz - without an iota of doubt.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I tried tidal out a few years back, and absolutely loved the sound quality!  Only reason I came back to Spotify was because Spotify had a much larger catalog at the time, and a much better UI.  Tidal now has a larger catalog, so the UI is the only thing that's keeping me...if Spotify doesn't add this soon, they'll be loosing yet another customer to the vastly superior tidal or Amazon music, or qobuz...fix**bleep** Spotify

Highlighted

Roadie
For UI I use my Apple Mac laptop to find and select music on Tidal now, headphones if needed. The UI application on OSX/laptop is better than the iPad or iPhone simple due to real estate on the screen to see features of the app. THEN, I go to the iPad or iPhone and play my play lists from there. I went back to Spotify for a bit to see if I could find more and save off a few playlists and such, but I always go right back to Tidal Hi-Fi to listen using a regular non-oversampling R2R Ladder DAC and it sounds just like CD quality. MQA compress and decompress and all that is not needed with a good DAC and audio system, Tidal kills it there.

Someone always comes up with a better mousetrap in time. Remember MySpace?
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I enjoy listening to music I've never heard before, and that's the 1 area I think Spotify truly excels, between discover weekly, release radar, and its daily mix, it's the only think keeping me from doing the same as you...at least for the time being...

Highlighted

Regular

Spotify lossless has been for request here since 2014 - this will not happened before Spotify see wast numbers clearly in their statistics leaving their services.

I had Tidel for a period but I hated their playlist and music suggestions - sound quality was great but allover user experience made decision to stay with Spotify for a while.

Now I waiting for Amazon music HD which is still not available in Sweden - Their service and playlist is great and as soon they turn on HD I will leave Spotify and most probably never return.

Highlighted

Visitor
Same for me!
Highlighted

I'm in the same boat as all the folk in this thread. I've been trailing Tidal Hifi for 6 months and the difference in sound quality between Spotify and Tidal is night and day,  Tidal's sound quality is so so much better.

The only thing Spotify wins over Tidal is the UI and its only a matter of time before Tidal or the others will eventually catch up with their UI, once that happens I'm gone from Spotify.

So come on Spotify up your game because its only a matter of time before you will start to losing subscribers and once they go it will be hard to persuade them back. Also think of the extra revenue you will get for a lossless service.

Music is about hearing it how the musicians intended it to hear.

SUGGESTED POSTS