Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] First Song in Playlists on Custom Order changes constantly

Hey folks, 

We noticed that the current first song in any playlist will keep swapping with a different song from the same playlist. This is now being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We're happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone - just make sure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

If you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Cheers 🙂

Comments
aaron42

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22+

Operating System

Android 14

The first song in all of my playlists keeps swapping with a song roughly halfway down, and there's nothing I can do. Even when trying to rearrange, the first song will change places with another song. 

2/2/2024 Update: 

The latest version just released has resolved this issue for me! Thank you Spotify team! 

mrdonutjuice

Same here!

MasonChivers22

I'm having the same issue on my account. Instead it's when Im editing the playlist.

When I opened up Spotify this morning the top song was changed with a random song from the middle. I thought it was a random glitch so I tried editing it back to its original position. Here's the thing the song at the top of playlist doest match the song I need to edit. After 20 minutes of trying to fix it, there came with other issues.

1. More than one song would be deleted sometimes when I try to delete a single song from playlist.

2. Songs that I move around to different positions get replaced with nearby songs instead of the one I needed. Sometimes with multiple.

3. When I add songs to the playlist no matter the quantity it changes the position of the same near songs to the top of the playlist.

Please help with this issue.

vaajy

It does not working for me.

There seems to be a bug, at least for some customers.

I have lists in order Custom both on my Android app and Windows app all fresh updated. On my desktop everything is right in custom order, but on mobile first track is from between of a playlist. If I drag it manually on mobile app, then it becomes as first tracks on laptop too and then something else comes as the first track from in between of a list on phone.

I think this is a bug!! on laptop order is correct. Only first track is from in between of a list on phone. On laptop same track is right. can someone please fix it?? Every other order in the lists shows exactly the same between devices.

gdep00

Same here ..it seems to not affect the pc version only on mobile devices (uninstall didn't fix the issue either ) 

LS31

Thanks for this. I thought it was all out of order and was having a melt down. It is just something with the first track on the playlist. My work around at the moment is to put a horrible song I hate to the top of each list then the list becomes in order again. I'll know they have fixed it when the start of every playlist will make me want to die. Untill then the song will pop up at some point to remind me that is has not been sorted.

danetheriteboi

hey so on my phone every time i view a playlist instead of seeing the first song i see a random other song from a playlist. i checked and theres no pattern like title, artist, album, # etc. so many bad things have happened to me on spotify before but nothings as bad as this, now i cant listen to the first song on any playlist. i dont even know how it happened, what triggered it, can u help me fix it? pretty much every problem i have with spotify only happens to me so this is probs completely unheard of but hopefully u kno what im talking about. whoever sees this (nobody usually sees my posts on anything) plz help me so i can listen to the first song on a playlist and that random other replacement song where they belong

robert87ad

same

hyperhipster

I have the exact same problem. The first Song is replaced with another random Song from the same playlist. It is so frustrating. Fix this immediately

lonnill

I have that issue as well. Could you find a solution?