Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Hide this song" is missing after update

"Hide this song" is missing after update

In the last update "Hide this song" button is missing. 
"Remove song from radio" in the old days was working great and also the radio improvement based on simple user vote (+) and (-)...

"Hide this song" was ok, but now it's also missing and we have to listen again and again some crapy songs.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who wants to block some songs/artists forever.

Please advise if can somehow "unlock" this feature

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 11 PRO, Macbook Pro 16, Imac 27"....)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

5 Replies

Hey there @yyos

We really appreciate you sharing this here in the Community!

We hope you don’t mind us replying now as we just stumbled upon this thread.

Just to confirm, are you still experiencing this? If so, we’d first recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your phone since this step is more thorough than a regular reinstall.  

If it persists, try logging in with a different Spotify account on your device to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Keep us posted! We’ll be happy to help further, just give us a shout.  

App reinstalled and phone updated multiple times since this post was made in 2020. 

Screenshot_20221024-151713.png

 there isn't a "hide thing song" option when clicking on the 3 dots on a song. 

Very frustrating. 

Premium member.

Android pixel 6

Spotify app Version 8.7.76.359

Hey @Leporine,

Thank you for joining the conversation.

On the mobile app, this option is currently available only for playlists that are Made for you like Artist mix, Daily Mix, release radar, etc. On playlists you've created, this button is replaced with the option "Remove from this playlist" on the 3-dot menu.

However, similar ideas have already been suggested here and here to add the button to desktop and to followed playlists respectively - feel free to add your vote to it by hitting the "Thumbs up" button! Keep in mind that its Status doesn't mean it won't be implemented, as Spotify will check it out if it reaches the necessary amount of votes.

If you think your idea should be considered separate, feel free to submit it again on our Idea Exchange board highlighting how your idea is distinct from the existing one.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Do not have a remove or hide song button and I'm about to lose my effing mind wth?????

Need to have this option available please. I have searched for all the Internet and everywhere talk about "Hide this song" to get rid of songs do not want to hear at all. My daughter sometimes listens to very inappropriate songs and I want to block those songs from everywhere. Please, turn back this "Hide this song" feature back.

Suggested posts