Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Love" an Album Saves to "Liked" on iOS but not on Desktop?

"Love" an Album Saves to "Liked" on iOS but not on Desktop?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop/iOS

Operating System

W10/iOS 11

Hello--I am trying to understand the documentation Spotify provides on saving/hearting an album and how the application treats the songs within.

The link provided in the official documentation states that,

"Now, when you like (<3) an album, the songs in the album won’t be added to your Liked Songs playlist."

Yet when I go into the artist on iOS I see every single song from that hearted album in the "liked" songs playlist. But on the desktop (windows) application the liked songs are not present--only those individually hearted.

Is the functionality truly contradictory depending on app?

Thank you

3 Replies

Hey @fallout552,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll happily help you sort this one out.

There shouldn't be any difference in the contents of music collection between your devices. Linkg / <3-ing  an album adds it under the Albums section in Your Library. In order for the songs to appear in your Liked Songs playlist, they heave to either be individually liked or added via the Like all songs option in the context menu of the album. You can find detailed instructions on how Your Library functions here.

If you're having issues with this, it's a good idea to log off and back in two times in a row so that your account syncs with our servers. We recoomed that afterwards your try it out on a new album, thats not part in any way of your collection to see if everything functions propperly.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,
I wish the description you gave was how it worked but unfortunately after
trying your suggestion the albums/liked songs are still functioning the
same way.

What I mean is that when one taps the like/heart on an album it not only
adds the album to the library it likes all the songs underneath it,
regardless of whether any individual songs are liked/hearted or not. So
then visiting the "Liked Songs" area of an artists includes the entire
album, hearted or otherwise.

Thank you

Hey @fallout552,

Thanks for getting back to us with the detailed explanation how things are at your end.

Could you let us know if you re-logged to times in a row and if that made a difference? We'd also really appreciate it if you could log in to your Windows device or the web player and share whether or not you can replicate this behavior there. You can also upload a recording in your next reply of what you see. You can use the Insert Video Option in the post editor, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive info.

Keep us posted, we'd love to investigate this further. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts