Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Show/Hide unavailable songs" option is no longer available

"Show/Hide unavailable songs" option is no longer available

Desktop user

My Question or Issue

Since the most recent update on my desktop, the option to show/hide unavailable songs no longer shows up in settings, and unavailable songs are not shown in my Liked Songs where previously they were. The option still exists on my mobile. I don't know when this happened because I only use the desktop app once a month or so

After opening my desktop app today, the option was gone, and I noticed I wasn't seeing unavailable songs. I saw an update show up after about 15 minutes, so I updated, which did not fix the problem.

However, I am seeing unavailable songs in some playlists, just not Liked Songs (even when searching) 

16 Replies

Hi there @kick_ball_boy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We can confirm that this option was indeed removed in the new desktop interface, but unavailable songs should always be visible now.

Could you let us know if you can see the unavailable songs within Liked Songs in your phone?

We'd also like to know if the songs you see as unavailable in other playlists are also added to y our Liked Songs.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I've realized the songs I'm saying don't appear are because I don't have them individually saved to Liked Songs, but rather as an album. Thanks.

Please delete this post to minimize misinformation and confusion

Hey @kick_ball_boy,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop 🙂

Glad to hear that it worked out.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else! 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is missing and is very confusing and fustration. Bring this back asap.

Hi there @ParentalControl,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Ummm Can I ask why the ability to hide songs in playlists was removed from Spotify Windows desktop app, but allowed to remain in the Android Client? Can you return this functionality to the desktop app or is it the intention to remove from all devices, further reducing the feature set and value of my monthly family subscription?

Hi @NeilMacGregor,

Thank you for reaching out on this thread. 

Certainly, on the desktop app the Hide this song feature is available only on personalized playlists such as Discover Weekly or Daily Mixes, but it's not available in regular playlists. Spotify is constantly testing new features, which means sometimes old features can get removed. 

However, other users went ahead and posted an idea requesting that this feature is added everywhere. If this is something you'd also like to see, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. We'll keep you informed on any developments there, as soon as there are any. 

Let us know if you have any questions.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks for this quality reply.

Put a notice in Settings saying this is on by default now instead of spontaneously removing it without warning.

This is silly.

Feature which is a part of Android app is now long gone from Windows App.

This is frustrating, spent minutes trying to search it.

Add it back. What more?

Hi I'm having the same problem. I added a song to my liked songs but it is unavailable I guess? It's "Next Time I'm Seventeen" by James Blunt.

Hey there @mikaylagrace,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

It looks like the issue you're describing is slightly different from the OP's. In this case, we suggest that you submit your post on the relevant board to avoid any mix-ups. Also, make sure to include as much info as you can. We'll take a closer look. 

Cheers 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

2 added to local files song of mine were deleted tho were still shown up in my liked songs playlist. I would like to get rid of them if there were any way. thank you

chee_chii__0-1669886754981.png

Hi @chee_chii_!

If the songs were added recently (in the past 3 months or so), you can try reaching out to the folks over at Customer Support who might be able to revert the changes.

In case you added them more than 3 months ago, then there's not much that can be done here, unfortunately. A workaround would be creating a new account. If you're willing to go that route, you can back up your Liked Songs in a new playlist with the following steps:

1. Open your Liked Songs on the desktop app and select all tracks with Ctrl + A.
  2. Right-click on a song  > Add to playlist > Create playlist.

Now locate the two local files that are missing and remove them from the playlist. Alternatively, you can simply exclude them during the selection of all tracks in step one.

Customer Support can then guide you through the process of creating a new account and transfer the rest of your library to the new account - just tell them to exclude your Liked Songs. Your old account will also be closed to avoid possible confusion in the future.

When it comes to your subscription, you'll have to resubscribe to Premium again, as it cannot be transferred. If you were a part of a Family/Duo plan, you can simply ask the plan owner to re-invite you.

Hope you get this sorted out soon. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have an issue where on my laptop I can see the unavailable songs in my liked songs, but I cannot remove them. On my (apple) phone the songs are invisible, but still add to the total count within my liked songs. Any solutions to help me remove these songs?

Suggested posts