Country

United States

Device

iPhone 8 / Windows laptop

Operating System

iOS 12 / Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello.

I am a Spotify Premium user on mobile and web app player in the United States. This issue persists across both devices,  meaning this is an issue with my Spotify account itself as opposed to being a device-specific problem.

So I added and downloaded 11 podcast episodes to my library. In my library, these podcast episodes are stored in the default "Your Episodes" playlist. However, these podcast episodes have since been removed from Spotify entirely (due to copyright issues, I assume). The entries in the "Your Episodes" playlist have also disappeared. They are no longer playable (and assumed to also no longer downloaded). The "Your Episodes" playlist is thus empty, however it still says that it contains the 11 episodes!

I tried contacting support, but to no avail, the issue seems to have persisted. Clearing the cache did not work. The playlist is empty and cannot be modified. Because it is a default and not a custom playlist, I cannot simply delete the playlist itself. The only option would be to create a brand new account, but that is not ideal.

The playlist is still functional, meaning I can add and remove podcast episodes normally. But the number of episodes in the playlist will never go below the 11 episodes. I suspect this issue arose because once the episodes were removed from Spotify, this change did not properly update the state of the "Your Episodes" playlist (which still believes it contains the 11 episodes). I have encountered a similar issue in Facebook in which a page I liked, that has since been deleted, still appears on my profile as a liked page, despite the page no longer existing.

I have seen the following reports of the same issue, with no solution.

Any insight is greatly appreciated. Otherwise, if this issue could be fixed moving forward that would be excellent.

Thank you for your time.

image.png
3 Replies

From what I can see online, there are a bunch of threads since earlier this year on this problem and spotify is on it

Yesterday I found that the hidden episodes show up when I put my (android) phone in airplane mode. Then I could remove them one by one...

Please try this and see if it works for you!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

@user-removed, the folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already. Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Any time frame when this bug will be worked on? Have the same issue and have been waiting for this fix in 2 years now.

Suggested posts