Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Your Top Songs" for "x" year completely wrong!

"Your Top Songs" for "x" year completely wrong!

Hi people,

Long term user here with virtually no issues hence this is my first post. 

I'm totally bemused with having gone into my Spotify this eve ( Premium / Desktop ) to browse Top Songs of a given year, and the 2020 version is completely, and utterly irrelevant to anything I've listened to! 

In fact, it's somehow managed to curate a playlist of songs I would really wish to avoid! 
About 99% of the songs on there are (A) something I would not, and did not listen to during the year, let alone on repeat, and (B) the kind of genre I'm totally not into. 

Has anyone else experienced this kind of issue recently? I'm totally amazed at how badly this one algorithm has misfired!! It's actually comical! 

Any input welcomed. Cheers 

3 Replies

Hi @verwood, thanks for reaching out!

That's odd. My first guess would be that someone else used your account during 2020. what about your Top Songs of 2021?

If you feel like you should make sure no one is currently using your account, you can log out/back in your devices:

To log out of all devices and web pages at once:

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

Note: This doesn't include partner devices (e.g. speakers, games consoles, and TVs), so for those go to your apps page and choose REMOVE ACCESS.

I can't think of any other reason this would happen, so let me know if it helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply @Bittencourt, appreciate the input. 

Oddly enough the problem completely disappeared since writing my post. I came back to the playlist the following day and sure enough the familiar songs were back! 

But there was undeniably a completely different list on the evening I made my post - like I had momentarily swapped with another account, artists, genres, completely irrelevant to my listening. I cannot fathom the reasoning. All other "Top Songs" lists were normal - 2021 / 2019 etc...

Glad to say it's back to normal now. I've signed out of all devices in the meantime just to be safe. 

Thanks again for the input

Hey @verwood, you're welcome.

I'm glad it's now back to normal. Enjoy it and let me know if I can help with anything else 🤓

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts